SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much postage to send two page letter to France?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much postage to send two page letter to France? Login/Join 
posted
It is an important document, but does not require any receipt. I just want to make sure it gets there. I do not trust Google and do not have unlimited time to travel to the post office. I am sure someone here has the answer.

Thanks

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its almost $1.50 to send a letter to Canada now - I would think under $2.00

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53850 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
If you don't trust Google, encrypt it and send as an attachment? Or through a file sharing service?

I un-trust mail delivery here, let alone there, less than I un-trust the Google's desire or ability to decrypt my simple document.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It looks like $34.25.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calc...20&dvi=5000&ct7=True

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
https://www.usps.com/business/prices.htm

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Take it to the PO and ask them. That is what I did a couple of years ago when I needed to send a small package to France.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Link to USPS page on overseas rates:

https://www.usps.com/internati...il-international.htm

I’d sure conside taking it to the post office and letting them measure and weigh it, despite the inconvenience. And getting tracking/delivery confirmation on it, if it’s important.

Posts: 27180 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The back story is my Aunt who had French citizenship passed away recently and left an inheritance of unknown size to all the nieces and nephews. I am dealing with a law firm in Paris that currently does not have an English speaking attorney and also a French genealogist who has required certain documents to be filled out. It is probably going to be one of those things that is more trouble than it is worth. I have been through settling estates before, but never with a foreign law firm. I thought you might want to know the rest of the story.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d sure conside taking it to the post office and letting them measure and weigh it, despite the inconvenience. And getting tracking/delivery confirmation on it, if it’s important.

Yeah you are right. The tracking should be entertaining to watch. Wonder if it goes by way of Africa first.

posted Hide Post
International shipping is expensive, not like what it used to be since there's a variety of private carriers you can use. Since it's a legal doc, you're gonna want tracking and receipt confirmation, which is gonna add to the base price. It's still a punch in the nuts, for a flat envelope, I'd say between $30-50.

See what DHL and FedEx offer.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
weight it, figure the price using usps paypal. after you login, change the country to france at the top.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First class intl to France is $1.15 for up to 1oz which should be fine for a two page document. There is no tracking or proof of delivery.

Posts: 4333 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
First class intl to France is $1.15

All international is $1.15 for one OZ. Go to USPS.com. Do not waste your $ on Priority.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4344 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post