SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DJ Trump Jr. comes to Lima Ohio
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DJ Trump Jr. comes to Lima Ohio Login/Join 
posted
As the title said, Trump Jr. came to speak here yesterday.
My wife and I helped out with the event.
We saw him speak here 4 years ago as well.
For this event only a small number of tickets were handed out.
The announcement that he was coming was made last Friday at noon and tickets were gone about 1 hour later.
4 years ago he brought his girl friend Kimberly G. and most of the men could not keep their eyes off her. She spoke back then and is a great speaker, he was just ok.
This time was a different story. The man has made himself into a great speaker. He is funny and down to earth. Not really what you would expect for a billionaires son.
We handed out free masks and hand sanitizer and water at the door. People entered, most of them were wearing Trump covid masks when they entered.
By the time the doors were closed and we were allowed to go in, all but about 2 seats were gone and I noticed that only 1 person had a mask on. So much for what our Nanny governor thought.
He was not there anyway, but our Great gutsy congressman Jim Jordan was there.

After the event, the news showed that he headed to the local favorite hamburger joint of this county, where he ate hamburgers, fries and a Frosty(malt). He stayed there and met people and talked and signed autographs for a long time.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I too have developed quite a respect for JR.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aquabird:

After the event, the news showed that he headed to the local favorite hamburger joint of this county, where he ate hamburgers, fries and a Frosty(malt). He stayed there and met people and talked and signed autographs for a long time.[/QUOTE

Are you talking about Kewpee? I spent several months in Lima working on the Husky rebuild. Kewpee was my absolute favorite burger joint.

Posts: 103 | Registered: June 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtguy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aquabird:

After the event, the news showed that he headed to the local favorite hamburger joint of this county, where he ate hamburgers, fries and a Frosty(malt). He stayed there and met people and talked and signed autographs for a long time.[/QUOTE

Are you talking about Kewpee? I spent several months in Lima working on the Husky rebuild. Kewpee was my absolute favorite burger joint.

Yes, Kewpee is it.
I myself missed the news that night but was told about it. Not sure whether Kewpee downtown, Eastside or Kewpee west.
I would guess West. It is about1/2 mile from the University of Northwest Ohio.

Most of the time when they have a concert in Lima, if they have it in the public Square or in the Civic Center or even when they used Memorial Hall, a lot of the musicians would be seen in the Kewpee.
Beach Boys were there, Kansas and Styx to name a few.
Wonder if he had to stand in line?
No matter what time of day you go there, the drive thru is always 10+ cars deep and there is a line inside.

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtguy:

The original Olive Burger.I used to stop at the Eastside when I was in the area. While it is no longer part of the original chain I go to the one in Lansing Mi.My Dad worked there while going to MSU after the war and remember stopping there as a kid.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
How long has Kewpie been there? I lived in Ada and Kenton and went to school at Lima Tech College, now James Rhodes in 80-81. Don’t remember ever hearing about it. I remember Jerry’s Pizza tho. Is it a chain or just specific to Lima? Never mind, I just read up on it. I guess Pizza was king when I lived there. Never made it into Lima much.
Yes DJT Jr has turned into a good speaker. I’ve seen him on Tucker and Sean fairly often.

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Did he visit the Kewpie?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Up to 2015, I thought - those few times when I cared enough to think about it, that is - Donald Trump really was a "first-rate ass clown." But then I started seeing more of Don, Eric and Ivanka, and realized there wasn't a sex tape, drug addiction or just generally being a douche scandal of any kind between them. Eric once said they didn't get into trouble because he (Donald) was always keeping them busy working. They are equally at home in a boardroom or barroom. It made me reconsider my opinion of Donald.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27979 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, he did stop at the Kewpee.
Not sure how long the Kewpee east store has been there, but I remember going to Football games at Lima Sr.(Lima Central Catholic played there) and walking to the Kewpee downtown after the games.

I might make that same walk today, only if I was armed.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
How long has Kewpie been there? I lived in Ada and Kenton and went to school at Lima Tech College, now James Rhodes in 80-81. Don’t remember ever hearing about it. I remember Jerry’s Pizza tho. Is it a chain or just specific to Lima? Never mind, I just read up on it. I guess Pizza was king when I lived there. Never made it into Lima much.
Yes DJT Jr has turned into a good speaker. I’ve seen him on Tucker and Sean fairly often.

I remember going in 1966,so been there in downtown a long time.
I also graduated from Lima Technical College in 1983.
I went back when it was Rhodes State. The degree I got the second time actually came from The Henry Ford Technical College. It was in Industrial Maintenance.
The Kewpee downtown had a drive up window, after you left the window, you would drive onto a Huge turntable. It would turn your car 90 degrees. Then you drove and turned right and went out right next to where you came in. It was unique.
They make hamburgers from fresh beef, some of which they buy fomr 4 H students from the area.