SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    another picture issue.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

another picture issue. Login/Join 
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted
I can't get my picture to show up. I've put the link inside the [IMG][/IMG] brackets . The link is good as it shows up in an email.

What have I failed to do?

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Post the link w/o the IMG tags, please?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Got it to work but the image is HUUUUUUUGE!

When you bring it up in imgur go to the bottom and select medium or large thumbnail, then click COPY on the Direct Link line. That will resize it for you. The image below shows where you do that and using a Large Thumbnail as the size option:

I added a space after .jpeg so it won't show, you need to resize the image a 640x480 size is good.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/sE0KaoS.jpeg [/IMG]

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
ok

https://i.imgur.com/wltPDmH.jpg

Is that better? smaller?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Not showing up.

-First click on Large or Huge thumbnail at the bottom.
-Then click on copy or copy manually the link in the direct link box to the right.
-Then copy that link between the [img][/img] boxes.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Also sometimes you need to log out of IMGUR and log back in to get things working.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Ok. I think I can manage this. Thanks for the help and patience! got to go to do a phone meeting now. Something I can manage (just).

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
ok

[url = https://i.imgur.com/wltPDmH.jp...mgur.com/wltPDmH.jpg [/url]

Is that better? smaller?

OK I quoted you so you can see the issue in this post, you pasted the URL directly into you reply.

This creates a URL line automatically, it won't show the image.

Open a Reply
click the image Icon on the top bar, it's the third button from the right and looks like a picture

A pop up will appear, paste the url in the popup window and click OK

The code for an image will appear in the reply

Click post now

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Ok. Thanks everyone for your help. Pictures are now posted in my ad.