SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Newly discovered and authenticated tintype of Morgan Earp and Doc Holliday
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newly discovered and authenticated tintype of Morgan Earp and Doc Holliday Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Were any of you aware of this discovery? I was not, until tonight.

The image was taken six months before O.K. Corral, so this is as close as we'll get to seeing these two guys as how they looked at the time of the gunfight. Fascinating, and every indication is that it's authentic.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome cool. Thank you!

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool history, Thanks Para!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
These stories always make me wonder how many of these pictures have been thrown away or are still undiscovered among other things in attics and basements.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
That is awesome.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5041 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Very cosmopolitan

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Pretty dang cool

Posts: 13273 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para, neat piece of history. I didn’t know about the tintype and curious what it & the Bee will fetch at auction.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Fantastic, great history.

Thanks Para.

Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Morgan I picked out instantly, Doc Holiday surprised me. He definitely doesn't look good in that picture a this is what I'm used to seeing...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37973 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Super cool. I hadn't seen nor heard.

They each seem a bit... gaunt.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Tin types always make their eyes look spooky. I would thoroughly enjoy spending an afternoon talking with them all. Thank you for posting this.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29707 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An amazing photo. Should you ever find yourself in AZ, go to Tombstone. And be sure to visit the courthouse where the Earps were tried. Will be well worth your time.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Fascinating. I wish we had the ability to hear what their voices sounded like. I believe Doc was from the Valdosta area. I believe Wyatt lived until the 1930’s or so?

Posts: 13123 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
These old pictures are always interesting, even of nobodys.

I really enjoy the old pics of my town from that area and seeing what it was like then.

Seeing historical figures is cool as hell... Ol Doc, yeah he doesnt look so good

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Really cool. I had not seen this before.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doc Holiday surprised me. He definitely doesn't look good in that picture a this is what I'm used to seeing...

Lunger. Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12423 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Very cool picture.

Surprised to see what Doc looked like.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to a Facebook post it only sold for $6,000.00 at auction

which seems kinda low , i.m.o.

https://www.facebook.com/South...ca/2430130460343265/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post