SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TLR-8 light high or low switch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TLR-8 light high or low switch Login/Join 
posted
The TLR-8 has two switch styles, they call them high and low.

Does anyone have an opinion of what one works better?

I am planning of putting it on a P320C if that makes a difference.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I use the TLR-7 (same thing as the TLR-8, but without the laser) and I prefer the high switches.

Posts: 1627 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You will find discussion of the subject here. I use a TLR-7A on a Glock G19. Initially, I though I would like the high switches better, but in actuality, the low switches turned out to be preferable. You will see in that thread that at one point, I had a high switch on the right side and a low switch on the left side (I am right-handed), the reason being that when I put my finger thrugh the trigger guard, the nail of my finger snagged on the high switch on the left side of the trigger guard. Ultimately, I opted to have low switches on both sides, as I discovered that the high switch protruded too far back for me when I opted to activate the light with my trigger finger.

So, for me, on a Glock, the low switches are preferable. Now, it does matter what type of pistol you are mounting the light on. For example, here's a TLR-7A on a Walther Q4 SF.. You can see that the high switches appear optimal, as the low switches might be too far forward for comfortable activation of the light. I couldn't tell you about this light on a P320. While you can purchase the TLR-7A and TLR-8 with either low or high switches alone, you can also purchase the "FLEX" model, of these lights, which have both the low and the high switch bodies and you can change them at will.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I tried both on my P320C with X-Compact grip, and strongly preferred the High.

But it will vary from person to person. Get the Flex model, try them out on your gun, and decide for yourself.

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post