SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    True Kona Coffee?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

True Kona Coffee? Login/Join 
Picture of caribouhunter
posted Hide Post
If you want to go right to the farmer…

https://www.smithfarms.com

Expensive, but, good beans. From time to time they sell green beans for those who like to roast.

Posts: 420 | Location: White Lake TWP. - Michigan | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamerx4:
Is so very nice having first hand experience with this, thank you all for sharing.

Boy the 100% Kona Peaberry at $100 a pound plus shipping.... Wow.

I do enjoy Peaberry out of Africa about the best, so, may have to try just once.

The danger here is tasting something so good it ruins everything else... :-)

I’ve been real happy with 100% Hawaiian Peaberry from Kauai, much more reasonably priced at $39/lb

https://www.amazon.com/Kauai-C...-Whole/dp/B00H1MBS2E

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Son and DIL live in Hilo on the Big Island.

They bring me a bottle of local rum (damn good sipping stuff BTW) and couple pounds of beans each time they come to the mainland.

there are many kinds of great beans?roasts and dark rums Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
You people are bad... VERY bad!

I enjoy my coffee. Always have. Costa Rican Tarrazu has been one of my longstanding favorites but in recent years the quality of what I've been able to get has disappointed. So I've been dabbling with other varietals.

But I've never had 100% Hawaiian Kona (or Kauai for that matter... these are just Hawaiian growing regions FWIW). Just blends. Same with Jamaican Blue Mountain... just blends.

So screw it, threw caution to the wind and have some stupid expensive (even with a 15% "Welcome" coupon) Kauai specialty estate 100% peaberry ordered direct from the growers (Christmas present to myself). I'm not getting any younger and I really wanted to see if I was missing something substantive. We'll see....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

But I've never had 100% Hawaiian Kona (or Kauai for that matter... these are just Hawaiian growing regions FWIW). Just blends. Same with Jamaican Blue Mountain... just blends.

Nope, they're not blends if they're 100% Kona. They're blends if they're less than 100%.

And while they are just coffee growing regions, coffee from beans planted in Kona tastes substantially different than the same beans planted on Maui or Kaui or wherever.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a pound of Peaberry. I’ve not had it before

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Ferrari Coffee Company, located in the Kona district of Hawaii so it's Kona coffee and not Ka'u or anything else. They offer beans as well as ground and several different roasts.

I've been buying from them since 1994 and it's all I drink. The owner, Nikki Ferrari, is a very nice lady and related to Enzo Ferrari but without all his money.

https://ferraricoffee.com/

They're offering a seasonal special right now on this page: https://ferraricoffee.com/new-page

You guys cost me money! Smile I just ordered the seasonal special. My mom loves Kona coffee.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for costing me $$ once again SF.......just ordered 2 bags from koacoffee.com

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post