SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Greater love hath no man than this..."
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Greater love hath no man than this..." Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I would do the same.

Thank heavens they were both OK!

Posts: 3728 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Way to go guy. Dog would have done it for him.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6976 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Calling them "pets" is inadequate. I pity anyone who has never experienced the bond.

https://twitter.com/TansuYegen.../1690595243270328321

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
I would do the same.

Same here sir. The bond I have with my current Mal is the strongest on3 I’ve ever had in my life and I’ve trained them for almost 30 years and owned a number of working dogs. I went through a lot of hardcore stuff as a child growing up and this Mal was abused and abandoned as a puppy before I rescued her. I would just say a Mal is a handful for a seasoned trainer if you got it as a puppy at 8 weeks. So adopting a 12 month old one that’s been through it… Well I’d be risking get burned to get her out too. She’s been through enough and it would be worth the risk to me. For me they are kinder and more loyal than any human I have ever met.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12643 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
My formerly feral "Momma Kiki" that I caught was spayed by a local organization that gets huge support from the Bissell vacuum company.

I've since switched to a Bissell vacuum and love it. Bissell supports pets

Now I understand they sending aid to Maui in recovering pets or identifying remains. I assume the ID of remains is to give closure to the owners.
https://www.woodtv.com/news/gr...s-to-help-maui-pets/
I hope this is ok to post here.

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Hooray! Cool

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3927 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
The guys in the first vid should have already been on air, not turning on the bottle when it’s on your back, FF101.
Granted, they got surprised by the guy doing what he did to save his dog but they weren’t “surprised” by the fire. You’re either ready to fight the fire or you’re not. These guys weren’t.
The lack of aggression is disappointing to an old FF.
Good on the owner for saving his buddy, obviously no one else was prepared to do it.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I do wonder if the steam would be more harmful and that they stopped to not expose him to it. I don't know. Perhaps a fireman will chime in soon. I also wonder if the water pressure was poor because the whole island was on fire at the same time.

When fighting fires on a ship, one team mans the main hose and another team mans the "wand" that sprays water just in front of the team. It's to cool down the atmosphere around the team. Steam can't be too harmful, it's just water vapor. I remember for colds, my mother would drape my head with a towel over a hot bowl of water with vapor rub to breath in.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19676 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
The applicator nozzle the "wand" is used to push fire and heat away from the team so you can get to the seat of the fire. You do not want to be down stream of that operation. Steam from suppression operations inside a structure to unprotected people is bad. I've seen it first hand, as close as you are reading this post. Firefighters in full protective gear can get steam burns. Granted those are usually due to their hoods not on right with skin exposure. Hray

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1142 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
It doesn't top the OP but searching a few hundred miles away and good for a smile.

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you for these.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
But then, I've only seen this done once before.
https://youtu.be/Xf4lftVqNAk?t=1

Literally laughed out loud! My kids never watched him. They were part of the Barney era. As for the first post, dogs are our most loyal best friends. When they’re in trouble, you don’t think just act. They do the same for us.

Posts: 8 | Registered: April 28, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I look forward to these posts. Thank you.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para for this great thread ! The bonding between dogs and humans is quite amazing.

Posts: 791 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post