SIGforum
Naval Academy drug ring under investigation: LSD, cocaine allegedly bought on dark web

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5610071834

February 24, 2018, 06:46 AM
PD
Naval Academy drug ring under investigation: LSD, cocaine allegedly bought on dark web
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I hear the antarctic brigade needs some folks.

Acceptance to Operation Deep Feeze is a very big deal for the many who apply annually. Those who commit drug crimes do not deserve to be part of any special programs.
February 24, 2018, 08:55 AM
calugo
Any JAG officers around that can shed some light on possible punishment for Midshipmen? I've seen cadets booted out of the program and forced to reimburse the government their tuition costs or depending on the type of infraction permitted to serve as enlisted instead of repayment but I haven't seen any criminal prosecuted.
February 24, 2018, 09:26 AM
Vgex
Not responding to above post specifically, as I’m no JAG Off Razz , but from from what I remember, Plebes/youngsters can voluntarily separate or be separated w/out any obligation of reimbursement. 2nd class and Firsties are obligated to complete 2-years at the academy, for a total of 7-years in the Navy/Marines (5-years in the fleet). Anything shorter, due to voluntary or legal separation, and I think you are technically on the hook for the cost of your education. How often they’ve pursued it, I would like to see the stats on that myself.