SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long is your commute?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long is your commute? Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
For those of you here who still work, how long is your drive to/from work every day?

Question:
How long is your commute?

Choices:
Less than 10 minutes
30 minutes or less
45 minutes or less
60 minutes or less
I spend my whole day commuting

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1565 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted for 10 minutes, but I would have chosen 2 minutes or less if available. Of course that's if I drive. If I walk to work it's a whopping 10 minutes!

Posts: 377 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends, somewhere between 15 minutes to 35 minutes. Then I drive all day for work. I'm always moving.

Now my old job (in which I hated and scarred for life) was an hour and a half to two hours each way.

I'm much happier now with my commute and love my job.

ARman

Posts: 3212 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
If I go to my normal office, it's 17 miles / 30 minutes. If I go 'downtown', well then, we're looking at an hour or so.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Down two flights of stairs to my basement Big Grin.

Posts: 5082 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
50 minutes with no traffic.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Down two flights of stairs to my basement Big Grin.

I'm super jealy.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1565 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
10 minutes on the button.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prior to being laid off on August 1st is was 130 miles or 2.5 hours a day minimum now I walk 100ft out to my shop. I can’t imagine having to make the drive everyday now.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fifteen minutes, eight miles, six miles of it is on company owned property. No speed limit higher than 45 mph, and that is on company property...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Some days, couple minutes (get a fresh cup of coffee and sit down at the computer).

Some days, twenty minutes to the hangar.

Some days, dark-thirty am until evening, in the truck, re-supplying customers from the Daytona area, south through the Space Coast area.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31374 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
In the morning around 40-45 minutes. In the afternoon it goes an hour to hour 15.

Posts: 3580 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
About 18 miles one way. So 30 minutes because of the traffic.

Posts: 5341 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
An hour with no traffic to work, up to two hours average home.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34387 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
30 miles each way/ 35 minutes in the AM & 45 - 50 minutes in the PM due to traffic.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
I voted 30, because it's typically about 15. If I catch the lights right it can be 10.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8364 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Monday - 20 min each way
Tuesday - 1.5 hours each way
Wednesday - 2.5 hours each way
Thursday and Friday - any of the above (but usually the 20 minute commute if I can help it)

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
An hour and 5 minutes to work, and an hour and a half home - on average.

I've gotten to work in as little as 45 minutes, and as much as 3 hours when there was a major crash in one of the tunnels I go through.

Have gotten home in as little as an hour, and once, during a particularly light dusting of snow that paralyzed all the shitty drivers in our area, I left work at 5:30 and didn't get home until 11:00 PM.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know how you all do it. Once of the reasons I left CA was the commute. My run is currently 4.1 miles. Sometimes I wish it was longer cause I like to ride, and sometimes I just ride out to one of the suburb towns just to get the saddle time.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Generally 10 minutes or so, this morning about 3 but I came in early. When it's tourist season that 10 minutes can be 30-45 very easily.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post