SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who Was The First God Worshiped By Man?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Was The First God Worshiped By Man? Login/Join 
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
As others have stated, we probably cannot answer the question.

However, I do find it interesting that almost every culture or civilization that ever existed on this planet had a deity that was worshipped.

Does man need to worship something to explain his/her existence or was this need to worship coded in our thoughts and minds by God?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6142 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Erotes - God of Orgasms

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
Erotes - God of Orgasms

Not impossible, referring to my earlier comment --

"I don't know if there is a God but I do know I am not God." - David Horowitz

"There is no God, I am God." - Al Goldstein

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8356 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
One of the most interesting discussions I've seen (for me personally) on this outstanding forum. I'm not sure, though as many have stated I expect the first worshipped god was an unexplained phenomenon.

Posts: 1734 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I think the first God was worshiped out of desperation for circumstances out of human control.

Dry spells, fires, poor hunting or crop failures.

Knowing these hardships encouraged man to worship
To avoid such dire predicaments

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7180 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post