SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammana/Maytag Fridge Input needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammana/Maytag Fridge Input needed Login/Join 
posted
Paging Appliance Brad and other experts. Model ASD2626HEB. Side by side that is about 12 years old.
The switch to activate the lights just broke. Small triangular piece just came apart.
Is it feasible to fix/replace the switch.
Is it something a somewhat "handy guy" could do hisself?
Hate to replace a fridge over a flipping light switch I'm pretty sure we don't want to live with it as it is.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Does this look like the switch?

https://www.repairclinic.com/P...=True&ss=a4b1d655808

My frig uses the same type of switch, is a 1983 and the freezer light does not work at time so I use a flashlight. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Does this look like the switch?

https://www.repairclinic.com/P...=True&ss=a4b1d655808

My frig uses the same type of switch, is a 1983 and the freezer light does not work at time so I use a flashlight. Big Grin

Yes it looks a lot like that one.
Wonder if if would pop out like they show on the Whirlpool video at that site?
At first I didnt even see the edge on mine thinking it came in from the back.
If that thing will pop out (without breaking it) I feel pretty confident I can fix it.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
they are easy to change. Putty knife ot release the tabs. Unplug the refrigerator first. New switch just snaps in.

Posts: 11221 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post