Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mission BBQ Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
When I lived in NW Indiana, I went to the Merrillville Mission BBQ often. I always enjoyed the food and the great attitude of the workers.

I miss it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38726 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
They catered a recent event hosted by my service dog organization. Pulled pork and puled chicken, beans, mac-n-cheese, slaw, corn bread, different sauces. Absolutely delicious. And I love that they are veteran-owned.

Posts: 6065 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
we have several in RVA , and they are OK,

there is better BBQ in town,
but they are consistent, from store to store , which is a good thing

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10436 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a shame that some people question the motives of people who provide good products, services or company culture. I once heard that a true cynic will question a mother’s love. Cynicism can rot a person’s sole and is usually self-induced. I enjoy the great food, the good people and the atmosphere at Mission BBQ. It all feeds my sole.

Posts: 283 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
We go to the one in Robinson Twp, PA. My wife (and my dog, Bullitt) loves it! I'm not really a BBQ guy, but I do like their turkey sandwich.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
My son (Army Captain) took us to one and we loved it. Unfortunately, there's not one near us.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6426 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
None found in Texas. Fortunately we have a God-fearing, military-loving establishment in the area off Heights Blvd...

Truth BBQ

Fantastic Q and I LOVE supporting this establishment!! A couple of ExpressJet homies and I have been holding monthly BBQ Symposiums here for over a year. Big Grin Big Grin

https://www.truthbbq.com/locations

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
We're pretty picky down here in South Texas, but if they wanna jump into the market here I'd welcome them with open arms. We'd welcome the challenge!

Alas, until they do I'll have to continue to slum it at Terry Blacks in Lockhart and Muellers in Taylor.

Posts: 1994 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard they run your f.i.c.o. score during your ordering

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54712 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Who does this? Good thing I pay in cash.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1519 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they're good. But not absolutely to die for....I'd give them a 8 out of 10.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Mission BBQ but I think their food, while good, is overpriced for what you get.

Posts: 1631 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:

WTF are you talking about?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4584 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:

WTF are you talking about?

It's quite expensive. But then again, all BBQ seems to be expensive. I don't eat BBQ much because of that.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we eat out four times per month ,we make an effort to keep the price between $6.00 and $12.00 per person.

Now I enjoy b.b.q. ,
And we have a Mission here in No. Davenport.

But $16.00-$24.00 is way out of my league.

(Retired )

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54712 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
My son (Army Captain) took us to one and we loved it. Unfortunately, there's not one near us.

Revisiting this thread again has got me wanting to make the trek to the nearest location today, even though it's a 45-minute drive.

I want to try those Baked Cheesy Potatoes!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6426 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we are knee-deep in quality BBQ joints here in Texas so there is nothing Mission could offer us I am pretty sure.

Posts: 22952 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post