SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does your local L.E. have an MRAP critical response vehicle ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does your local L.E. have an MRAP critical response vehicle ? Login/Join 
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Our sheriff drives a Jeep:

Bronco, not a Jeep.

Posts: 3458 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My county's sheriff has some form of surplus uparmored vehicle, but I am jot sure what it is. Only know of it from a newspaper article and have never seen it.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2782 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Miami-Dade has several interesting surplus vehicles, including MRAPs (2 +, with some going to municipalities), but they rarely use them, they can't negotiate streets very well, eat too much gas, cost too much to operate, and to repair the broken mirrors and damage to parked cars.....

The Bearcats get used often enough, as do a fleet of helo's, some old, some new that are replacing the older ones. FD has too - they do like their toys. IMHO - they need them here.

Posts: 1650 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our county sheriff has a bear cat that gets polished up for the yearly town parade. Good thing they have the armor to protect the candy they hand out! Wink

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1765 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Our sheriff drives a Jeep:

Bronco, not a Jeep.
Doh! It’s been awhile since Ford made a jeep.

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Out SWAT team has a bearcat

Posts: 4093 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
They got everything! At least one bearcat for sure, an MRAP (maybe more), several Humvees, 3 or more choppers, numerous boats of every size imaginable, mobile command center RV's and just about anything else you can think of.

Posts: 21325 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to get a kick out of the Notar Helo down in Phoenix ,AZ when it was out and about.

( That didn't last long )

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Louisville Metro Police Department (Louisville KY)

Posts: 242 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our local Sheriff dept has a Bearcat I believe the swat team is made up of different members from the local PDs of the county along with Sheriff dept members. They also have a Sherp for ice rescues and several nice center console boats. My county in northwest Ohio is right on Lake Erie and it encompasses several of the islands as we. We are fortunate as we have a Coast Guard station, a very modern Border Patrol/ Homeland Security station and a Military base all within the county so there are a lot of resources in a small area.

Posts: 502 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post