SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Based on the suggestions thus far I want to go with a 12 volt model that runs off my vehicle. I dont have any battery operated tools in my arsenal.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Based on the suggestions thus far I want to go with a 12 volt model that runs off my vehicle. I dont have any battery operated tools in my arsenal. Login/Join 
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted
Viair. Thanks for the help. Pickle Rick.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pickle Rick,

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
If it has to be rechargeable, if you have bought in to any of the cordless power tool systems, I would see if your system of choice offers an inflator. A number of them do.

Otherwise, I would probably look for one that plugs into a car 12V outlet or clips to a car battery. Good rechargeable batteries are expensive and inflating a tire to pressure takes a surprising amount of juice.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pickle Rick:
Good day friends, as stated I am in search of a quality piece that doesn't cost more than the tire I wish to fill or top off. Many thanks in advance. Pickle Rick.

It depends on the size of the tire you want to fill, my daily driver has one of these, https://www.viaircorp.com/new/75p

My adventure-mobile has one of these, https://www.viaircorp.com/portables/400p

Good people, send them an email with the size of tire you want to fill and they will steer you in the right direction.

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
If it has to be rechargeable, if you have bought in to any of the cordless power tool systems, I would see if your system of choice offers an inflator. A number of them do.

This.

I'm very happy with my Ryobi tire inflator, and it uses the same batteries as my circulaw saw, impact driver, weed eater, sawzall, and drill.

https://www.ryobitools.com/pro...on-inflator-deflator

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:

This.

I'm very happy with my Ryobi tire inflator, and it uses the same batteries as my circulaw saw, impact driver, weed eater, sawzall, and drill.

https://www.ryobitools.com/pro...on-inflator-deflator

I have the same one and it has been reliable and capable. It uses the same batteries as all the other Ryobi tools I have so it fits into my Ryobi inventory just fine.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
ViAir is the best. Period. The smaller ones plug into your 12 volt outlet, the others clip onto the vehicle battery.

If I might offer an alternative, I'm getting ready to purchase a 12 Volt jump starter, tire inflater, with work light and has plugs for USB and 12 volt. It also has a plug in, through an inverter, for 110 volt AC power (up to 200 watts).
This is the Schumacher model # SJ1332.
About $129 or so.

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post