SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NEWSTreasury Department declares IRS will monitor transactions of all U.S. bank accounts over $600
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEWSTreasury Department declares IRS will monitor transactions of all U.S. bank accounts over $600 Login/Join 
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I hope they drown in the data..

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barter economy will enjoy a boost

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
I hope they drown in the data..

This.

Assuming that 1/2 of the people in the US have accounts, then add all the multiple 401s and savings accounts, then the punt of transactions, deposits, etc, the data collection would be overwhelming.

That is, unless it’s filtered down to high income workers/accounts to focus on (Donald Trump) people of importance.

Saying it’s all accounts above $600 is just a front…..

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for many more cash transactions?

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
So, another daily distraction to keep us from focusing on the previous treasonous actions by the communist regime known as the dnc?

This one gets my vote.

That, and showing off how drunk they are on their own perceived power.

quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
Time for many more cash transactions?

Cash is king, ladies and gents.

God bless America.

Posts: 13420 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
This proposal also covers third-party providers like Venmo, CashApp, and PayPal. I'll take a wild guess that there are small businesses out there, like lawn care, pressure washing, maid service, gutter cleaning, mobile mechanics and detailing, and on and on, that in addition to cash, accept payment via Zelle, Venmo, and PayPal that are currently not tracked/reported.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PDF page 94 (document page number 88) is the reference for those that might be interested.

Posts: 583 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a boat accident and now only have $599 in my account.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I bet Hunter Biden owns a shitload of Bitcoin and they are trying to drive the price up.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a legislative proposal. This is probably in the reconciliation bill. Those of you in purple states with democritter senators who might not be completely drinking the left wing cool aid (WV, AZ, MT), need to be putting as much pressure as possible on your senators to shoot down this crap.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
I bet Hunter Biden owns a shitload of Bitcoin and they are trying to drive the price up.

Pg 88-89 of referenced PDF in originating post:
Similar reporting requirements would apply to crypto asset exchanges and custodians. Separately, reporting requirements would apply in cases in which taxpayers buy crypto assets from one broker and then transfer the crypto assets to another broker, and businesses that receive
crypto assets in transactions with a fair market value of more than $10,000 would have to report
such transactions.

They are wanting to tax the hell out of of everything, to track everything. They will have some BS excuse like "its to help track suspected terrorist financial activity" or some such BS.

However, I guarantee the Bidens and the powers that be have an escape plan so they don't have to. They probably already have off shored the money to their accounts in China.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Aren't they supposed to hire 90k people along with this?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Yes something like that. That is a change in IRS policy. They typically audit the wealthy because that is where the money is.

Posts: 17173 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
A country that elected Joe Biden during a global pandemic deserves whatever happens.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
^^^Well, that's now up to the historians to decide if that is what we really did.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s also a matter of “Hey did you buy more guns and ammo?”

Posts: 13734 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^
Yes something like that. That is a change in IRS policy. They typically audit the wealthy because that is where the money is.

Actually, the IRS has pretty much given up on auditing the wealthy, because the wealthy often receive their income via complicated investments rather than straight salaries, and can afford accountants and lawyers who outgun the IRS on tax expertise. The IRS now focuses on the middle-class, where the incomes are more straight-forward and those being audited can't afford to hire the best defense teams.

Posts: 1264 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
The first step toward confiscation is knowing what's there.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
So, They have nothing else to do?

No, it's a start on eliminating cash and coin transactions.

All transactions will be electronic and monitored/reported, compared to your tax return and used to calculate not only income but sales taxes owed.

Buy that old truck for $1000 cash and it's never reported, no taxes paid, now it will be by Zelle or some e-service and reported, you'll be billed.

Governments want out of the hard currency business.

Posts: 23236 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
actually, the IRS has pretty much given up on auditing the wealthy, because the wealthy often receive their income via complicated investments rather than straight salaries, and can afford accountants and lawyers who outgun the IRS on tax expertise. The IRS now focuses on the middle-class, where the incomes are more straight-forward and those being audited can't afford to hire the best defense teams.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not quite. The chance of being audited increases with income. Being self employed also increases the chances. We are not talking about the ultra wealthy here.

Posts: 17173 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post