SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fridgedaire Commercial upright freezer question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fridgedaire Commercial upright freezer question Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Had it maybe ten years. Noticed it was not working well. Stuff starting to thaw. Emptied, deforsted. Needed to be done. Not horrible. Do annually.
cleaned and plugged back in. Seems to cool but the the sides seem overly warm to me. Shot?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19199 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for your freezer, but my upright Gibson Commercial freezer was purchased in 1981.
It's still chugging along.
Where are the external coils on your freezer? If they are not underneath, or behind, then it uses the sheet metal "skin" for dissipating the heat from the refrigeration system. Put a thermometer inside the freezer, should be -10 F to 0 F.
If yours is good on temperature, and has no external coils, it's perfectly normal for the skin to be warm / hot.
That means it working!
Smile

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1548 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I’d think a commercial freezer would be repairable, unlike the normal homeowner models.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5153 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
The condenser is in the sidewalls. that's the heat that was inside the box now migrating to the surrounding air. Perfectly normal

Posts: 11227 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys. The thing that makes wonder is why it lost some of its cooling capabilities? We empty and defrost it annually. My wife thinks maybe the door was not completely closed. I am skeptical of that.
But could be and why it got more frosted and did not stay cold. It is working now. I need to get a round fidge/freezer thermometer and see if it is zero to -5

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Most likely cause is door ajar. I run that call often. Had warmed up, been cooling fine ever since they called.

Posts: 11227 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Smile we hope so. Thanks Brad.