SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like Seth Rogen done messed up...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Seth Rogen done messed up... Login/Join 
posted
So the pot smoking, Canadian d-bag can go on and on about conservatives...but then does this?

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...atch-films-star.html

If it had been someone like Eastwood, the media would be all over him, branding him a racist. Love how he and the other writer are “addressing it.”

Posts: 724 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
You don't understand. He means well, and he's not from this country, so if he does it then it's OK. Actually, you know, it's like...art. Right? It's just being creative and stuff.

Actually I would've expected him to get that kind of stuff out of his system with Preacher. What is a production company in a politically correct industry like Hollywood doing keeping blackface, a fat suit and an afro wig to hand in the first place?

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute....so the “stand in “ was made up to look more like the star? How is this an issue?

Posts: 6346 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, not getting it either. Confused
As much as I hate the prick Rogen I don't see what he did that was wrong?
Making your stand-in look like you is a crime now?

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This just goes to prove that if you aren’t offended enough, someone will be along to be offended FOR you....

Posts: 6346 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
So an industry where actors are in various forms of makeup (and a lot of it based on prosthetics) all of the time - can't put makeup on a kid??

P.S. - Rogen is an American by birth.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2282 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He’s a Stand In. He had to look like who he’s standing in for. The darker an actor’s skin, the more light you need. Morons. In Pulp Fiction, John Travolta was lit differently than Sam Jackson.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nobody cares what Common thinks. Dude needs to shut his hole.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not the point. Uber-lib mouthtard Rogen is getting hoist by his own uber-lib mouthtard insane liberal 'standards' petard. It's a party.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Man, I just wish everyone would grow up, calm the hell down, and stop trying to make a big deal out of everything. And for the record, I'm not a fan of Seth Rogen or Common.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Man, I just wish everyone would grow up, calm the hell down, and stop trying to make a big deal out of everything. And for the record, I'm not a fan of Seth Rogen or Common.

^^^I agree with this. Maybe they should all be thankful they're not in Vaudeville.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I'm confused as to what is wrong here. Seems like stand ins are always made to look like the person they are standing in for.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Outrage tyranny. It's addictive.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Ditto Mad

^^^I agree with this. Maybe they should all be thankful they're not in Vaudeville.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummm.....
“Tropic Thunder”, anyone?

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
Ummm.....
“Tropic Thunder”, anyone?

Even fewer people would listen to Common’s criticism of someone like Robert Downey, Jr. Seth Rogan is more in his weight class.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This just cracks me up. I’m beginning to actually take joy in watching snowflakes get “offended” over everything. These dipshits don’t understand why an actor’s stand in would be made to look like the actor? Roll Eyes

Get offended you soft little bitches. I will not play your stupid games. F your sensitivity.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Not the point. Uber-lib mouthtard Rogen is getting hoist by his own uber-lib mouthtard insane liberal 'standards' petard. It's a party.

Sausage Party?

Posts: 3014 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, I can see it being a party where even the girls are dicks.

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of idiots. Just foaming at the mouth to find something to be offended about.

If you haven't read the article, you should. I couldn't believe how stupid this is without reading it.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11464 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post