SIGforum
Lindsay Clancy: my opinion may surprise you
September 03, 2026, 03:05 PM
stiabLindsay Clancy: my opinion may surprise you
I am disappointed by the support she is receiving, and wonder what the 'pink troops' would think if she had killed 3 different childen? Not her own, but let's just say 3 children at random from down the street. What would the pink people thing then?
"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY
September 03, 2026, 03:24 PM
oddballApart from the actual crime, these horrible women siding with Clancy are largely AWFULs (Affluent White Female Urban Liberals), and like abortion, they support the women who kill their children. For them, it is literally the female over children, no matter what. Animals don't think like this.
And this is a classic Catch 22 scenario; no normal thinking human would kill all of their children, let alone one of them. They're batshit nuts. But then might be found "not guilty" by reason of insanity
I agree with my wife who saw this story- the killer should be taken out out like a rabid mad dog, exterminated from society.
"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
September 03, 2026, 03:59 PM
TMatsIf just being a woman (influenced by hormones, or some other forces apparently beyond her control) can somehow excuse the killing of one’s own children, then society must be very cautious about the roles women should occupy.
_______________________________________________________
despite them
September 03, 2026, 04:03 PM
sigfreundThat cartoon is compelling, but it raises a question that I often wonder about when I learn of certain situations.
Many things about a person’s appearance are not their fault or anything they have any control over—or not much, anyway (as I look at my 80+ YO pot belly). But there are things that people do to themselves voluntarily, as well as attitudes they must surely have expressed at some time that are legitimate indicators of what kind of people they are.
In looking at the woman in the cartoon, I can only wonder how it was that the man had three children with that creature without picking up a clue or two about what sort of person she was.
“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato September 03, 2026, 04:17 PM
chellim1quote:
In looking at the woman in the cartoon, I can only wonder how it was that the man had three children with that creature without picking up a clue or two about what sort of person she was.
People change... sometimes for the better, sometimes not.
"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown
"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor September 03, 2026, 04:52 PM
sigfreundWell, it's just a cartoon.
September 03, 2026, 04:52 PM
BigSwedeI believe women are more prone to insanity than men
September 03, 2026, 05:06 PM
bdylanquote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I believe women are more prone to insanity than men
Statistically that's true. I believe attractive women are more prone to insanity than unattractive women.
September 03, 2026, 05:08 PM
OgieI wonder where the opinions of the "I stand with Lindsey" group would be if her husband was the one that killed the three kids? Well....I don't wonder. He would be crucified and the trial would have been over in 20 minutes.
"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
September 03, 2026, 05:31 PM
mark60Everything I've heard makes it sound premeditated to me. I'll go so far as to say even if she had a psychotic break she should publicly hang. She murdered. Her own children. Nothing changes that fact and she should pay with her life. Then again, maybe prison would be nice for her. I imagine a lot of the female prison population wouldn't look on her with kindness.
September 03, 2026, 05:39 PM
Fly-Sigquote:
Originally posted by TMats:
If just being a woman (influenced by hormones, or some other forces apparently beyond her control) can somehow excuse the killing of one’s own children, then society must be very cautious about the roles women should occupy.
There was a well written piece to that effect. The premise is that if she is found Not Guilty, rather than insane, then a precedent is set that it is legally acknowledged that women are psychologically very different than men, and in dangerous ways. Dangerous instability can manifest suddenly. Thus, employers could choose not to hire women, or to lay them off, because of fear for workplace safety. Many jobs that require psychological stability would be justifiably off limits. Police, medical professions, pilots, child care, etc.
One could argue their psychological instability means they cannot be trusted to vote logically. Nor could they be trusted to own firearms.
While I don't think any of that would be the result, it is the logical result of excusing murdering children because of female hormones postpartum. It unfortunately could be extended to deny various rights to anyone taking the kinds of meds she was on. The FAA already prohibits pilots flying while on anti-depressants.
September 03, 2026, 05:42 PM
parabellumYes, and this is why, despite the fact that this murderer would go free (though still subject to the harsh judgement of society, and the consequences carried by that judgement), this one case may well serve to right things to a degree.
September 03, 2026, 06:03 PM
911Boss
What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???
September 03, 2026, 06:49 PM
SigSentryTheir names were Dawson, Callan, and Cora. I want to believe the guilty hold-out juror is strengthened by their spirits. Of course she is or was insane, aren't they all?
September 03, 2026, 06:54 PM
P220 Smudgequote:
Originally posted by TMats:
If just being a woman (influenced by hormones, or some other forces apparently beyond her control) can somehow excuse the killing of one’s own children, then society must be very cautious about the roles women should occupy.
It's a conversation we apparently need to have. The gal who drew my blood last week for my lab work asked me if I was following this trial. I said I wasn't. She said something to the effect of "it's horrible what happened to those kids, but at the same time...." I let her trail off and simply said that I don't talk sex, politics, religion, or dead kids with people. She nodded as if that was an acceptable answer.
I can't believe there are women, and not just a few of them but seemingly
many women who are supporting this one. You can't have it both ways. You're either logical, stable beings capable on a mental and emotional level of everything men are, or you aren't. I'm starting to think "aren't" with each woman I hear say something about how hard it is to be a woman and how this one is innocent. If you can identify with... whatever it is that made this broad snap on a primal level, then we have apparently let the experiment of feminism bring us to a far worse place than what was previously obvious to me.
______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”
Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon.
September 03, 2026, 06:56 PM
chellim1quote:
Of course she is or was insane, aren't they all?
So... if you kill your kids, you must be insane?
Therefore, you can't be guilty?
Unless you're male?
"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown
"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor September 03, 2026, 06:57 PM
egregorequote:
She murdered her three children and you won't be surprised when I tell you that her defense of one single 18 minute psychotic episode in which a male voice (of course) told her to murder her children, is absolute horse shit. Clearly, this was premeditated ...
Agreed 100% up to that point.
quote:
... and she thought she wouldn't need a defense, since she attempted to commit suicide immediately after the murders, but she screwed it up, and so we have this nonsense.
This is more of a grey area. I'm not sure she seriously meant to off herself, instead being more of a Munchausen syndrome thing, to grab more attention. If accounts I've read are correct, she jumped out of a second-story window. That's 20, 25,30 feet, tops. Most falls from that height do of course severely injure, but don't usually kill unless the impact was head-first. What makes me believe this is that she is apparently showing no remorse ("My God, what have I done??"), instead blaming everybody else. But that could be a lawyer's ploy, too.
September 03, 2026, 07:15 PM
parabellumHad it been merely a suicidal gesture, she wouldn't have ended up in a wheelchair.
But, yeah, one single psychotic episode- none before and none since. She interacts with everyone- family, friends, physicians treating her, etc, and she's normal as can be. Sure thing. You bet.
And let's not forget her internet search history in the time leading up to her "episode". "How to cut throats to kill" and the like.
If it were up to me, she'd be lynched. Not hanged the proper way, so as to break the neck and render death near instantaneous. No sir, she needs to experience what her children did- strangulation, and it's not like you see in the movies, where your neck gets squeezed for ten seconds and then you're at the Pearly Gates. You have to go at it hard for several minutes, and in that time, the victim knows what is happening, at least at first.
A stout limb, a good length of nice, scratchy hemp rope, and an audience to watch her kick.
THAT would be justice, or at least as near to it as we might get.
September 03, 2026, 07:23 PM
Gustoferquote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Of course she is or was insane, aren't they all?
So... if you kill your kids, you must be insane?
Therefore, you can't be guilty?
Sayeth the law. The law needs to be changed.
No sane person would murder their own children, but just because they are insane does not mean that we must tolerate them in society. This demon needs to suffer the same fate as her children. She needs to be put down. Her and any other woman (or man) who does the same. They have no place in a civilized moral society.
________________________________________________________
It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it.