SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone in Virginia need a new roof?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone in Virginia need a new roof? Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted
https://cnycentral.com/news/of...e-ar-15-installation

quote:
A Virginia roofing company is offering a free AR-15 with every roof installation

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
That is awesome! Maybe I should move.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10907 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know a few people who have mentioned new roofs recently and I sent them all the story.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I need a new roof and emailed them. No response.

Posts: 3077 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Nothings free, I’m sure they inflate their roofing cost to cover the ar15 cost. My guess would be that you could get the same job done at a lower cost and use the savings to buy whatever firearm you want. But that’s just me.......

Posts: 4098 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
Nothings free, I’m sure they inflate their roofing cost to cover the ar15 cost. My guess would be that you could get the same job done at a lower cost and use the savings to buy whatever firearm you want. But that’s just me.......

But why not patronize a 2A supporting company?

Posts: 20066 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Nice idea.. but entry level AR's are well under 400 bucks these days. Might attract folks who aren't tuned in.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:

I don't think it's hard to offer someone a 400-600 'discount' on a renovation that's usually $10,000+ to start.

Its the equivalent of the dealer giving you a free car wash ($8) value when you bring it in for a big service that costs you several hundred dollars.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Nice idea.. but entry level AR's are well under 400 bucks these days. Might attract folks who aren't tuned in.

I am perfectly happy with my entry level stock AR. I need a roof, not today, but soon. I'd get a quote, if it's priced well, references/web reviews check out, and I feel comfortable, then I'd happily give him my business. If it came down to a coin toss then the company offering a free gun wins the competition every time in my book.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post