SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thinking of buying a new gas grill...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking of buying a new gas grill... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Another satisfied Weber owner here.

Posts: 541 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Weber Genesis, I have the Genesis II E-310, $700 at HD. Extremely satisfied.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Weber Genesis

Do not buy anything made by Nexgril

Why?

I understand Weber is fantastic, but am curious your reason for Nexgrill hate.

I have an egg, but wanted a gasser for occasional use. I bought a Nexgrill, and love it. Has held up wonderfully for 4 years now. I did have to replace the grates, and I have a spare set of burners, but they are still good.

Like it so much, I bought one for my son as a house warming present.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I bought a Weber Genesis three burner about 7or 8 years ago for times when I didn’t feel like firing up my 40 year old Weber kettle charcoal grill. The kettle grill has been in the shed ever since.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, everyone. Looks like I will be getting a Genesis II E-310.

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I think you’ll be happy with it. I really prefer grilling my steaks & burgers over charcoal, but it’s sooo damn easy to go out & just turn on the gas & start cooking that I’ve gotten lazy.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
well, I did it. My local Home Depot had 2 of them in stock that were assembled. The one I wanted had a bent temperature probe, so they swapped it for me. Here she is:

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The NexGrill I looked at seemed like a shameless copy of a Weber, so much that I was surprised that they aren't being sued for it.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
well, I did it. My local Home Depot had 2 of them in stock that were assembled. The one I wanted had a bent temperature probe, so they swapped it for me. Here she is:

Awesome, I have the same exact model and color. I received mine as a wedding gift!

Posts: 1714 | Location: CO | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
As many others have said, buy a Weber Genesis. I picked this one up at Lowe's last fall. This was a special order, came in NG, the customer ordered it wrong supposed to be LPG (original price was $1299.00) I work there part time, and they were clearing out all returned/ cancelled special orders for 25% of sales price. Along with my discount I wound up paying $262.00, and I converted it to LPG for another $120.00.
I think I got a smoking deal! Big Grin

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
... but it’s sooo damn easy to go out & just turn on the gas & start cooking that I’ve gotten lazy.

no kidding

can pretty much go from raw meat to slapping the burgers on the buns in about 10 minutes if you really are trying for speed

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:
As many others have said, buy a Weber Genesis. I picked this one up at Lowe's last fall. This was a special order, came in NG, the customer ordered it wrong supposed to be LPG (original price was $1299.00) I work there part time, and they were clearing out all returned/ cancelled special orders for 25% of sales price. Along with my discount I wound up paying $262.00, and I converted it to LPG for another $120.00.
I think I got a smoking deal! Big Grin

You got a closed cabinet one, I was sad to see the new ones dropped the closed cabinets, I think they looked better with doors and walls. Also if you want to store smoker boxes/tubes and chips looks a million times better.

What a freaking steal! It should last you a couple decades if you take good care of it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My daughter works at Lowe’s in front end customer service. I was looking at the 2 burner Weber grills because, like most I grew tired of buying a new Char broil every year and refused to do it again. It was at the end of the season a for outdoor product set, and they had a brand new Genesis II Three burner that was about to go on a pallet and sent back to a warehouse, and her store manager heard her asking about grills and told her that one was on clearance but didn’t sell. It was literally $799 marked down to $300 and then she got her employee discount on top. I gave her the $288 out the door price and she bought it. It has been incredible. The evenness of the cooking surface, ease of assembly, and the food tastes better than off of any other grill I have ever had. I can’t see ever buying a different brand, this product experience has been incredible so far.

Posts: 212 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a Webber Genesis Silver. It's got to be 15 years old. I use it year round. I've cooked on it in 20deg to 100deg weather. I don't know how many tanks of gas I've invested in, but well worth the money.
I'm on my 3rd thermometer and 2nd set of those "flavor bars". Don't thing it's ever going to die on me.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will always speak highly of Weber. Customer service and products are top notch

I currently have a Napoleon which I’m very impressed and happy with. I’ve not needed to contact customer support so I can’t comment to

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post