SIGforum
Please pray, send energy, positive vibes, etc for my Mom

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5520057474

September 19, 2020, 08:53 PM
StorminNormin
Please pray, send energy, positive vibes, etc for my Mom
I will try not to make this post too long, but I need help from SigForum fo pray or send positive thoughts to my mom.

Around 13 years ago my mom was diagnosed with cll leukemia and was told she would not live more than 10 years. My mom did not want to do chemo as she has seen several people go through it and spend their final years suffering. She did tons of research and fought the cancer naturally with healthy eating and herbs. She surprised doctors as her cancer did not progress and she made it past the 10 year mark. Within the last 8 months she has seriously deteriorated and has lost a ton of weight and become very frail. She Just recently had to get a lot of liquid drained from her lungs.

Now on her latest doctor visit last week she was told she would not live longer than 6 months; especially if she did not do some form of treatment. She was told her body now can’t handle chemo and they want her to take a prescription pill that costs $14K per month before insurance and $4K after. She was able to qualify for a grant that will cover the cost of the medication this year and we will see what it covers next year. Now that she has been told she only has 6 months, she is willing to take the medication. My mom is very positive and strong so I really hope that the medication will help keep her around as long as possible. They say the medication has the exact same side effects as chemo so it will not be fun.

My wife and I have been planning to build a custom home with a mother-in-law suite for my mom. My wife and I are now going to move in with my mom next weekend since she will start the medication this Monday. I need to be there for her. Then we will work on fixing up our home and selling it. We will then live with my mom until the new home is built. Hopefully she can still move into the new home with us and then can sell her home.

I ask for prayers, positive thoughts, positive vibes/energy, or whatever you believe in so my mom has the strength to fight this evil cancer and live as long as possible. I am not a very religious person, but I do believe people can send thoughts to help someone.

I lost my dad 4 years ago which was devastating, and can’t even imagine losing my mom.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
September 19, 2020, 08:58 PM
snoris
Prayers sent for all of you as you fight this battle.
September 19, 2020, 08:59 PM
old rugged cross
Prayer sent Stormin Normin.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
September 19, 2020, 09:00 PM
pawprintsdoc
We’re so sorry you and your family are going through this...sending prayers your way. Cancer sucks. I lost my mom to breast cancer and my dad to lung cancer. Thoughts and prayers your way!
September 19, 2020, 09:04 PM
Il Cattivo
Someone I'm close to has been through chemo. I'm definitely hoping for the best for your mom.
September 19, 2020, 09:11 PM
dedguy
Prayers sent for Mom.
September 19, 2020, 09:34 PM
BuckRogers2000
Good juju, heading your (and her) way! It doesn't matter how old you are - Losing a parent sucks Frown
September 19, 2020, 09:36 PM
OKCGene
May God Bless and Comfort your Mother and you and family, and guide the medical team and others helping with treatment.
September 19, 2020, 09:48 PM
jhe888
My best to her.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
September 19, 2020, 10:16 PM
thunderson
Praying for you all.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown
September 19, 2020, 10:21 PM
YooperSigs
Best wishes for you and your Mom.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
September 19, 2020, 10:24 PM
MikeinNC
Prayers for your mom, and for you.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
September 19, 2020, 10:29 PM
ARman
Prayers for you and your mom....

ARman
September 19, 2020, 10:44 PM
f2
Prayers sent.
September 19, 2020, 10:56 PM
83v45magna
Prayers sent, Norman. Your mom raised a good man.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11
September 19, 2020, 11:01 PM
ftttu
Prayers sent.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve
September 19, 2020, 11:19 PM
konata88
Prayers and well wishes sent.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
September 20, 2020, 12:36 AM
scot818
Prayers sent for your mom and your family.
September 20, 2020, 12:53 AM
Ogie
Prayers sent!
September 20, 2020, 12:57 AM
TRIO
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.