SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ontario Knife Company, out of business and closed!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ontario Knife Company, out of business and closed! Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have had bayonets by both Camillus and Ontario. I had a fine Ontario Kabar too. Very well made. Not far from Camillus was Mustad Hooks. They closed that so mexicans can have more jobs.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I have several of their folders, have given them for gifts. A solid utility knife. In fact it was the Utili-Tac. Damn.

Posts: 18070 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well this is no good. I too have an OKC machete, AR bayonet, a few RAT fixed blades and a D2 steel kabar. Not to mention some vintage and a few recent made old hickory knives in the kitchen. Seems somebody could buy the name and rights and make the good selllers. Good bargain blades. They could increase the price a few percent and nobody would bat an eye for a good RAT 7 or kabar.

Posts: 4773 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a more recent post from the Olean, NY newspaper on Ontario's sale and closure. Unfortunately, it reads that the buyer was going for the remaining inventory, etc. and will not be restarting production. Olean is the home of Ka-bar, which is celebrating its 125th anniversary BTW.

https://www.oleantimesherald.c...76-17ee7fbbd203.html

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post