SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And for the end of the week, an armed robber gets what's acomin'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And for the end of the week, an armed robber gets what's acomin' Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
quote:
FOXNEWS.COM: Robber quickly loses upper hand when concealed carry permit holder turns the tables

A man who tried to rob another man at gunpoint outside a Michigan liquor store was shot in the chest by a concealed carry permit holder and eventually arrested.

Police in Detroit, Michigan, say that they responded to a call of gunshots last month and found a victim with his hands raised over his head who told them he had a concealed pistol license, Fox 2 Detroit reported.

The victim told police that a man with a ski mask and a Detroit Lions jacket had followed him and his friend into a liquor store and then back outside before pulling a gun on them.

The suspect is said to have pulled out a gun and threatened to kill the concealed carry holder's friend unless the concealed carry holder turned over his wallet.

[Here is a picture of the rocket surgeon]

Police say Joshua Fordham was shot in the chest while trying to rob a concealed carry holder (Michigan Department of Corrections)

The concealed carry holder then pulled out a gun as he was being patted down by the suspect and shot him in the chest.

The suspect, later identified as Joshua Fordham, was later found on the ground nearby by police suffering from a gunshot wound.

Click 2 Detroit reported that Fordham pleaded guilty in March 2014 to armed robbery and was sentenced to 5 to 15 years in prison.

Fordham is not legally allowed to own a gun and is facing a charge for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The Detroit Police Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News Digital.

Andrew Mark Miller is a writer at Fox News. Find him on Twitter @andymarkmiller and email tips to AndrewMark.Miller@Fox.com.

He'll be a while inside.

Edited to Fix Source Link
Para, Sorry about that, I forgot to include it, though I could have sworn I did.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Fordham is not legally allowed to own a gun and is facing a charge for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Yet this is not the type of guy that is on the DimWits radar when crying about Gun Control.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Well done!

To bad that little Joshua is still with us. Frown

Posts: 9173 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Practice those headshots!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4584 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Feds have charged him now.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8141 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
To the best of my knowledge, this story received ZERO coverage by the news media in Detroit, printed or broadcast.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 502 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Why does he only have 1 gunshot? At patting down distance that should've resulted in firing multiple rounds and then reevaluating.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23336 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I'd preferred to have seen a slab-top cooling-down view with a magazine-load of holes all over that smug fizzog.

Back a few years in Northern Ireland, I recall a post-mortem view of one particular gentleman of the PIRA who had gotten the wrong side of four or five of our boys armed with MP5Ks. From the number of closed-up three-round bursts he'd bravely intercepted with his torso he had the appearance of a man wearing a leopard-print T-shirt.

Posts: 11342 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Not room temp? It's a dang shame.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5968 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
On the positive side, the shooter doesn't have to live with having to take a life and the POS will spend more time in prison as a 2nd time offender. Plus, think of the razzing he's going to get from his bro's in lockup.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1869 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post