SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammo prices are coming down
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo prices are coming down Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
I have noticed that ammo prices have been steadily falling. Primers still seem to be crazy high.

Sorry about posting in the Lounge, but I have posted deals in "Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique", and sometimes people see it days later when the deal is gone or sold out.

I posted this one this morning and it seems as though no one has seen it:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...3106699/m/8570024694

Blazer Brass for $279/1000, free shipping and no tax (probably).

Posts: 3440 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I have noticed for imported ammo especially. I bought ammo for first time since early 2020. TSA had PMC 9MM 115 gr for $270 shipped. My supply is still pretty good but I like PMC and it is soft shooting for dear wife. SGAmmo had S&B 9MM 124 gr for $280 shipped but 20 cases went in a flash. PMC brass cased .223 and 5.56 prices are pretty good to and almost to early 2020 levels. Local stores around here are still pretty high though on all ammo.

Posts: 9749 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yep, online prices have gone down but LGS prices still high.

Wonder if economy is part of the cause: either buy food, fill up your car or buy ammo.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy ammo

Posts: 1746 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
Buy ammo

And the rest shall follow....................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Now is the time to start stacking. Prices will go nuts with the next pandemic/ban attempt, or whatnot. I use 9mm as a benchmark, and while not a low price, I saw SB for 289/1000 last night. That's not bad. I also have the rest of my life reloading components, but I do not let my wife, or friends shoot reloads.

Posts: 4022 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
That's great news to hear! I'm all out of 168 and 175 grain FGMM and do need some more.

I'm just waiting for primers and I'm set for a long while. Bullets would be nice too. I'm sitting on 2K 30 cal 147 grain FMJ projectiles and 2K+ 30 cal match projectiles at the moment and 22K primers split between LR/LP, SR/SP.

I've got enough 9/40/45 brass for the rest of my lifetime and enough 308 brass to last a while too. I haven't bought primers and 22LR since 2012.

I've got enough rifle powder to last me 5 years unless I become a serious competitor in which case, I'll run out of Varget rather quickly. I've got enough pistol powder for the next 10+ years at the rate I load pistol bullets.

I dropped $1k on powder and bullets just before the 2020 shutdown. A month later, prices jumped 400%. Best money I ever spent!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5416 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just bought 1k of Magtech 9mm from Osage for $263 on Sunday. Then, yesterday evening, they had it down to $242. Damn Black Friday deals. Grrrr....

Q

Posts: 26460 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have noticed that online dealers are beginning to charge less that their wholesale prices to the shop where I work. My theory is a discounted online price is more profitable for them than a wholesale price, so they place emphasis on the online sales.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Love Osage. And thumbs up to FedEx Ground, too. Shipped Monday. Ammo sat at my door at 9:10 this morning. Doesn't get any better than that. Smile

Q

Posts: 26460 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news and info, thanks OP and all…

Posts: 259 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
This is a local store here in AZ, True Shot. Essentially just sells ammo, plus some knives and gear. Always has huge selection with lots of stock and very good prices. Where I buy all my ammo. Of course, I pick it up, so no shipping required.

Link: https://trueshotgunclub.com/pr...unition/pistol-ammo/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1314 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Just bought 1k of Magtech 9mm from Osage for $263 on Sunday. Then, yesterday evening, they had it down to $242. Damn Black Friday deals. Grrrr....

Just checked my usual place I buy from. They have it at $299 case. Osage free shipping?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Just checked my usual place I buy from. They have it at $299 case. Osage free shipping?

Osage was not free shipping when I just attempted to order after seeing Q's post. I am on the mailing list for SG Ammo, and he had it for $260/case with free shipping, which edged out Osage slightly for me.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Also check www.bereli.com for deals
No shipping charges
No sales tax

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Is it me or is it mainly 9mm that is mostly coming down?

Posts: 22940 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
Osage was not free shipping when I just attempted to order after seeing Q's post. I am on the mailing list for SG Ammo, and he had it for $260/case with free shipping, which edged out Osage slightly for me.

Yeah, SGAmmo would be better.

Q