SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The DC Press and how things work behind the scenes, with humor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The DC Press and how things work behind the scenes, with humor Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted
This takes a few minutes to get going but it's a funny but really insightful explanation of what thought process the White House press corp is going through in a fake attempt to rescue their reputation(s).

Also how blind they are to the fact that few will ever believe them ever again.

https://www.racket.news/p/amer...rue&utm_medium=email

Posts: 9850 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's good!

I'm not familiar with Matt Taibbi and Walter Kirn. But they do a great job at digesting down the issue.

When they lay out the issues, you realize that this thing is just going to keep snowballing for the Democrats.

Posts: 6715 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've read and watched some stuff from Matt Taibbi but hadn't heard of the other guy. Much of Matt's stuff is behind a paywall unfortunately so this is an opportunity to hear what he has to say for free.
Their graphic descriptions of the White House press is so spot on (and hilarious), especially how they are now trying to reclaim their honor (that they didn't have) by turning on the administration.
Then there's the entrenched officials that are suddenly jockeying for position, not wanting to be left out in the cold.

Posts: 9850 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Walter Kirn's analysis of the dilemma the Democrats find themselves in. I don't think I can do it justice, but I'll try.

1. The Democrats claim that Trump is an existential threat to democracy, yet they are willing to run a senile old man against him.

2. If they try to replace Biden with Kamala Harris, she will have to explain what she knew about Biden's condition and when. Instant credibility problem that will obviously be exploited by the Republicans.

3. If Biden is unfit to run as a President, how can he be fit to be President.

4. If they try to replace Biden with someone besides Kamala Harris, they are signaling that they don't believe that Harris is competent enough to be President, yet they chose her to be Vice President.

Posts: 6715 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The title says DC press instead of DC tabloids…

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2149 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:

Question of the year.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4280 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:

Question of the year.

Yes sir.

Politics and parties aside, this is about the safety of this country. Yes, the oligarchs have been running this country for the past 3 1/2 years, so they can probably finish the term, but consider me worried. Very worried. The right thing to do for the country is the 25th.

Posts: 20665 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
...The right thing to do for the country is the 25th.

But we all know the Demokrats will do what's best for their party, not the country.

Posts: 16030 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post