"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." - John Wayne in "The Shootist"
August 05, 2026, 04:05 PM
trapper189
Makes A Trip to the Moon look easy.
August 05, 2026, 04:46 PM
SigSentry
August 05, 2026, 05:17 PM
architect
I hope this was intentional. But at least it wasn't a quantum black hole (as described in the Neal Stephenson novel Seveneves).
August 05, 2026, 05:31 PM
konata88
FSD error?
"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
August 05, 2026, 05:56 PM
6guns
quote:
Originally posted by architect: I hope this was intentional. But at least it wasn't a quantum black hole (as described in the Neal Stephenson novel Seveneves).
From what I read, it was supposed to get caught in Earth's gravitational force, but didn't. Instead, got caught up with the moon.
SIGforum: For all your needs! Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
August 05, 2026, 06:17 PM
trapper189
Recalculating…
August 05, 2026, 06:31 PM
12131
The crash happened, but I don’t see the point of fabricating the ridiculous video.
Q
August 05, 2026, 08:57 PM
Orguss
quote:
Originally posted by HRK: Pretty amazing video we're able to capture things like this happening...
While the upper stage did impact the moon, the video you posted is AI generated. There's no actual video of the impact.
"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
August 05, 2026, 09:31 PM
12131
It’s extremely annoying to me to see these assholes fabricate all kinds of fake shit to fool people and generate clicks. Just look at the scale of the “satellite” to the moon in the video and you should know instantly it’s fake.
Q
August 05, 2026, 10:03 PM
TigerDore
Definitely fake. Here is the actual footage:
August 05, 2026, 10:06 PM
corsair
quote:
Originally posted by 12131: It’s extremely annoying to me to see these assholes fabricate all kinds of fake shit to fool people and generate clicks. Just look at the scale of the “satellite” to the moon in the video and you should know instantly it’s fake.
Well, it is RT
August 05, 2026, 10:12 PM
12131
Well, I don’t know what the hell “RT” is. Not a Twitter member and don’t “follow” anyone.
Q
August 05, 2026, 10:30 PM
FiveFiveSixFan
^^^^
RT used to be Russia Today. It's a Russian state- sponsored television network.