SIGforum
Talk about security and such: FAA testing

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5500049364

December 05, 2019, 08:19 AM
Blume9mm
Talk about security and such: FAA testing
I have to go to a local testing center tomorrow and take a test to qualify to fly a drone commercially for my business and I was looking at the rules to be able to take the test and what is not allowed...

Candidates may not enter the testing area with personal possessions, including any type of writing instrument, portable phone, electronic planner, or any type of device with text or video recording capabilities. Candidates must secure their own personal possessions before entering the testing area (e.g., lock personal items in vehicle). The following items are not permitted in the examination rooms:
Cellular/smart phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), recording devices, cameras, pagers, purses, notebooks, notebook computers, reference or readings material, music players, radios, electronic games, calculators, or briefcases.
Personal items including watches, backpacks, wallets, pens, pencils, or other writing devices, food, drinks (unless prior approval is obtained by your regulatory entity) and good-luck items.
Hats, baseball caps, or visors (with the exception of religious apparel), coats, shawls, hooded clothing, heavy jackets, overcoats or shirts with pockets.

Setting aside the no watches or wallets. "no shirts with pockets"? Friend suggested I show up in just a speedo with my Drives License between my teeth.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
December 05, 2019, 08:32 AM
nosticks
Everything except the clothing is about standard for any FAA exams I have taken. I would check with the examiner, they may allow you to deviate from their clothing rules which is a new one on me.

Awake not woke
December 05, 2019, 09:03 AM
El Cid 92
Standard rules for a higher risk testing area.

I sit for re-evaluation testing every 10 years..... That requires finger printing and Palm Photograph. Everytime you enter or leave the testing room!!!! It's a 2 day exam with 7 sections.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.
December 05, 2019, 09:17 AM
sigfreund
Cheaters make it hard for everyone.
I am happy to know that people being tested on certain subjects are held to tight standards.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
December 05, 2019, 09:24 AM
PowerSurge
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Cheaters make it hard for everyone.
I am happy to know that people being tested on certain subjects are held to tight standards.

Agreed. All that stuff is banned because someone has been caught using it to cheat.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1
December 05, 2019, 07:29 PM
pedropcola
I don’t know if this is cheating but...

After Navy flight school everybody went and took the multi engine Commercial test. The gouge was readily available in the form of a big packet of possible test questions. So we all studied them. I remember sitting for the test and literally being done in like 5 minutes. I looked around and pretended to not be done until somebody else finished.

I guess we weren’t helping the process. Don’t remember all those other rules though.
December 05, 2019, 08:14 PM
MikeNH
Beyond stupid that going from flying a drone recreationally to for business that you have to get robbed by the government and waste a day of your time. I don't even own a damn shirt without a pocket. They're useless and stupid.
December 06, 2019, 06:26 PM
mjlennon
No reason to cheat, if I recall, the test questions are published...at least they were for private pilot written.
December 06, 2019, 07:34 PM
DaBigBR
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Setting aside the no watches or wallets. "no shirts with pockets"? Friend suggested I show up in just a speedo with my Drives License between my teeth.

Between your teeth if they're lucky...