SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend a crisp, clean, Dry beer pls......
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a crisp, clean, Dry beer pls...... Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m liking the Peroni! Tks for the suggestion.

I drank a lot of Peroni in 1984 when I was going to school in Rome, Italy. Good times!
Of course, that was long before Asahi Breweries and SAB-InBev took it over.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:

I’ll pick up a Yeungling on occasion down here but can’t handle a lot of them. As someone referenced earlier, I’ll try the can sometime
I do not go to bars to sit and drink, and since The Virus, my wife and I have not gone out to eat in a restaurant, but in the past when we went someplace where I could order a burger and a beer, most places had Yuengling on draft.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:
Nialed it. American lager's are quite bland, basically slightly flavored water

There's always at least one.

He is right, and it is true. You are free to like that kind of beer, but that is objectively correct.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
<snip>
Locally, I love this stuff, not sure if the OP can find it? Made by Slx Fox Brewing in Pottstown, PA

Pikeland Pils
German-style Pilsner
11.0 OG 44 IBUs 4.9% ABV
A northern German-style Pilsner brewed with imported German pils malt and hopped with German and Czech hops. Light in body, light straw in color and dry.

What is the the thin dark band immediately below the foam head? Looks quite odd…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:
Nialed it. American lager's are quite bland, basically slightly flavored water

There's always at least one.

Not implying or, suggesting its a bad thing, they're just low-flavor, low alcohol drinks, I'd gladly pick-up a Lone Star, Banquet or, a PBR for a hot day of grilling. The OP is looking for a beer that is crisp, Czech-style beers were identified, those would be Pilsners and traditional European lagers which have mild hop flavors.

Perroni, Stella Artois, Nastro Azzurro, and Birra Moretti are Italian beers (Northern influenced) refreshing during those blistering hot summer months.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
My favorite all time go to is always a Coors Light. My wife cringes when we go to dinner and I order a scotch and coors LOL

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
My favorite all time go to is always a Coors Light.

I like a beer with dinner. Alcoholic beverages are not conducive to fat loss. So, when I was trying to lose fat, I'd have lite beers with dinner. Of the several I tried, I found Coors Lite to be the least objectionable carbonated, kinda beer-flavored water Smile

I subsequently discovered I could drink Founders All Day IPA for only forty calories more. That was the end of lite beers for me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
My favorite all time go to is always a Coors Light.

I like a beer with dinner. Alcoholic beverages are not conducive to fat loss. So, when I was trying to lose fat, I'd have lite beers with dinner. Of the several I tried, I found Coors Lite to be the least objectionable carbonated, kinda beer-flavored water Smile

I subsequently discovered I could drink Founders All Day IPA for only forty calories more. That was the end of lite beers for me.

Believe it or not Guinness is pretty light on the calories. A 12 oz Bud Light is 110 calories, a Coors light is 102 and a 12oz Guinness is 125. A tasty, tasty 125 calories

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Stella is a Belgian beer. Also quite good!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Those are my favorites and go-to beer. I've largely given up on American craft IPA's where they seem to be like I'm drinking a glass of Pine-Sol cleaner, in both the nasty extreme hoppiness and the heavy almost syrupy mouthfeel.

I am sick to death of IPAs. It was never my favorite style to start with, and I thought the trend wouldn't last. But it has, and if anyone gives me another beer that tastes like turpentine, I'll throw it at them.

I can only hope that one of my favorite styles like Belgian ales become popular

no no no .

Belgians are popular enough,, they don't need to be dicked with any more

gose and sours are feeling that pain now,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10422 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
quote:
I can only hope that one of my favorite styles like Belgian ales become popular.

Duchesse De Bourgogne, a red Flemish ale, sweet/sour, consistently gets rave reviews. I went to a wine tasting a couple years ago and came away with a sixer of this instead. Excellent beer!

a most excellent sour,

tasted it at a club in DC (Gang of 4 concert ,930 club) , the bartender let me try a sample, and I ended up drinking a couple,

damn fine sour,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10422 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
What is the the thin dark band immediately below the foam head? Looks quite odd…

It looks like the camera was lower than the top of the glass and it's the shadow under the foam.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Believe it or not Guinness is pretty light on the calories. A 12 oz Bud Light is 110 calories, a Coors light is 102 and a 12oz Guinness is 125. A tasty, tasty 125 calories

While Guinness is heavily malty, and even a bit sweet, that isn't where the calories are in beer. Guinness is fairly low alcohol at 4.2% ABV (less than the average American style lager) and alcohol is nothing but calories.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trumer Pils or North Coast Brewing Scrimshaw.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Pilsner Urquell. The first pale lager. Also SeaQuench from Dog Head Fish.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corona. The beer not the virus. Especially with a wedge of lime.

Posts: 102 | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Trumer Pils or North Coast Brewing Scrimshaw.

Trumer is an Austrian beer. Since setting up a brewery in California I've had a few. I've learned avoid the bottles. Light green bottles are always skunky. I've had one six pack in cans that was good. I usually brew a Kolsch style ale for lighter drinking, but my Kolschs are usually around 7 percent. A 12lbs grain bill gets that for you.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Presidente checks all the boxes.

Posts: 52 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just cracked open a Shiner Weisse & Easy.
Has a bit of Dewberry flavor, but nice & light/crisp, too.

Haven't seen the regular Shiner Hefeweisen in years.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, after perusal of the many beers mentioned, suggestions, recommendations, etc. I took it upon myself to sample some over the weekend. Tough job, eh?...I’ve had many of the ones in this thread at one time or another, if I don’t mention them I’ve never liked them...no offense Smile

Long story short....my go to beer for the beach or after a hard days yard work has been, and will continue to be, Modelo Especial. Simply a great beer, right out of an ice filled cooler, even better. Most of the Mexican lagers fit this bill to one degree or another but Modelo is the one.

New and revisited by me were Peroni Nastro Azzurro (Italy) very good, less filling and good alcohol content. I’ll drink this more often. Great with most any food.

Stella Artois...my go to when nothing else of quality is available. A very good beer.

Pilsner Urquell, simply beer, good. - Czechvar (original Czech lager) similar to Krusovice, - Paulaner original Munich Lager. The European beers, German, Czech, Belgium are what I call porch sitters...relax on the porch after a hard day and savor the flavor and quality of these beers. They are very good but I couldn’t pound them on a hot, sunny beach (not that you should Smile).

Red Stripe (out of Jamaica) is a good, decent beer. It would suffice for the beach.

Presidente (out of Dom. Rep but brewed in St. Louis “for a fresher taste”), Carib lager (out of Trinidad/Tobago originally but brewed in Cape Canaveral, FL). Seems I’d had each of these when I lived in St. Thomas but they tasted no where near what I remember. I’d try them again if I found them brewed at their source.

Labatt’s Blue and Molson Canadian, very bland, no real taste as I’d had in the past, don’t know what happened but won’t pick these up again any time soon.

Kirin Ichiban...appreciate the mention but not my style, didn’t finish this one. To be fair it was brewed “under Kirin’s strict supervision” in Los Angeles or Willmington, VA. So.....

The lagers from Pennsylvania piqued my interest and I’m going to seek them out on my next visit.

Saw the Terrapins from GA but they didn’t have the Gold suggested so I didn’t try them.

Thanks for the suggestions, opened my eyes to beers I hadn’t thought of and just wanted something different than the current craft style of triple hopped with cherry mashings at 8% alcohol.

Thanks Sig Forum!

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post