Find
Notify
Tools

I quit my job Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Friday I received a call and was yelled at.
Then I politely asked what it was all about and the answer was "it's in the mail!".
What mail? No mails, I've just checked.

THEN I received the mail, originaly sent elsewhere and finally forwarded to me.

Had to go through a lot of yelling to get to the issue.
Point is, the person yelling at me on a friday afternoon is the same one that received my bill the previous friday by mail and an enquiry about when would they pay me March.

Been with them since 92 or 93 and the past year or so, the caller and the programmer (both ladies) picked the bad habit of yelling at me before telling me what problem they thought they had. That won't go away, have no cure for that so I've decided I won't take it anymore.

They made my blood boil the other day.

I've been trying too hard to help the company. Often screwing myself royally in the process. My griefs are many and there's no joy in working there anymore.
Been charging them the same since mid 2018. Then the equivalent of 1k per month. At current exchange rates, today it's close to $500.

Nothing they can offer will change the fact it's not healthy to work with them any longer.

So, i am forever unemployed.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12122 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Nicky,

My hope is that your new found freedom will quickly lead you to a more rewarding situation.
Keep the faith and keep us posted!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
You will begin feeling better sooner rather than later.

Good luck to you my imaginary friend.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not much you could do otherwise. Sooner or later it would come to this, now on to the next opportunity.

-c1steve

Posts: 4056 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
"forever unemployed"

Not a true statement! If you want work, there's work available. You just need to market yourself differently. Bring out the strenghts you have built throughout the years and let that describe your ride! You have IT talents and that is a great commodity. Don't look down, look up! Good luck to you!!!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Perfect time to be a gaucho. the argentinian beef is one of the best in the world!
You'll be ok, with a lot less stress in your life.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8361 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to be a roller coaster of emotion and thoughts in the next week. Don't overwhelm yourself in dealing with them as they rush you. Focus on the relief of being out of a toxic environment and the opportunity for something better - even if it's a completely different field. Positive activity and time with family and friends are always good, but especially at times like these.

Good on you, brother! Now on to something better. Smile

Posts: 4983 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Hi Nick:

Do you speak Brazilian Portuguese? I have a client who does a bunch of IT in Brazil, and he is always looking for talented people to work remotely. Even if you don't please send your resume to my email, and I will pass it along to him.

He speaks better English than I do.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I wish you all the best.

As the saying goes “when one door closes another one opens up!”

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6324 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the feeling, but I can't bring myself to do it yet. But I hope this is a weigh lifted off your shoulders and frees you to pursue something better and healthier.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Hi Nick:

Do you speak Brazilian Portuguese? I have a client who does a bunch of IT in Brazil, and he is always looking for talented people to work remotely. Even if you don't please send your resume to my email, and I will pass it along to him.

He speaks better English than I do.

A

What that be the same place he just quit. Big Grin Razz

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Good luck my friend, I expect you will land on your feet and do quite well in your next endeavors.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
what do you do?

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read this once and it's worth remembering.

Fella said that his grandfather worked with Sam Walton and J.C Pennys during the depression. At a time when jobs were scarce and hunger rampant, Walton quit, just up and quite with no prospects. Later he went on to open a Benjamin Franklin 5 and dime in a little shithole town that was a franchise.

At the time it was seen that grandfather had his shit together as he could hold a job and it proved what a loser Sam Walton was. (The rest of the Walton story is the Walmart story btw)

Good luck !

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your next endeavor Nick. Change is healthy, embrace it. Soon you will be saying, why didn't I do this years ago.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Congrats on liberating yourself, 0-0.

If you start second guessing your decision, call me and I can yell at you for a few minutes in a high pitched, "I want to speak to the manager" tone to remind you of your wisdom. Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Nothing they can offer will change the fact it's not healthy to work with them any longer.

This tell me you did the right thing. Good Luck with your next endeavor.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, when it gets down to yelling back & forth in hatred, it’s time to saddle up. Best to ya, it has to get better at least quieter. Good luck.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Glad you’re out of that environment. Lots more work to be had

Posts: 53197 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
0-0:
I had instance many years ago that was so toxic (working for a State Agency even) that I wrote out my resignation on a roll of toilet paper.

After passing around to co-workers, I added a few extra issues I had left out.

I quit a job I liked with no immediate prospects. However, within a couple months I had better job for nearly twice the pay, in a location more desirable.

Skill set is worth a lot, especially with the sense of empowerment coming from firing your old boss when it was time to leave.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post