SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Custom fit gloves
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom fit gloves Login/Join 
posted
I have fat hands and short fingers. Almost impossible to find a glove that fits me.

I have found a MADE IN USA glove maker that does bespoke gloves.

https://vermontglove.com/

Before I decide to buy from them, I'd like to know if anyone has other options I should consider.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Mittens. 'Flip over' mittens, to be precise.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting idea of flip mittens, but I haven't worn mittens since 10 years old. I think stopping to flip them often might become annoying.

Maybe I should learn to sew...buy a standard glove, then modify finger lengths to fit me.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard of them but no experience. I’ve been eyeing give’r gloves myself but don’t know anything about them either. They mention that they stretch and mold to your hands after they break in. https://www.give-r.com
I also picked up a pair of deerskin leather gloves at Home Depot. They have started to form to the shape of my hand but I don’t have enough use on them to fully recommend yet.
Sorry I wasn’t more help.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
https://www.oregonglove.com/

I've used this company for decades.
I like the special seamless thumb technique.

The pigskin gloves are incredibly durable, even more than elk.

I used to favor the deer skin drivers for sheer comfort.

Check website to see if anything interests you.

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
"Thanks for the link"
OJ Simpson

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Side note:

I too have the type of hands you describe. XL width and L length.

For work gloves I found these at Sam's Club to be nearly perfect in the large size.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/pla...gloves-2-pair/113105

The finger lengths are just right & the width goes on just a little snuggish until you wear them for a few minutes.

The price is right too, because I burn up a few pairs a year.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
"Thanks for the link"
OJ Simpson

LOL! Took me a second, thinking wth does OJ have to do with this thread topic.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
https://www.oregonglove.com/

I've used this company for decades.
I like the special seamless thumb technique.

The pigskin gloves are incredibly durable, even more than elk.

I used to favor the deer skin drivers for sheer comfort.

Check website to see if anything interests you.
Looks like the deer skin and elk skin drivers are made in China. No thanks.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like the deer skin and elk skin drivers are made in China.

I hadn't seen those. A couple years ago there was a hint of possible change in supply of leather as well. The design of the pattern is the same.

And you can walk in to their Salem business to observe the work benches of a small cadre of vintage employees doing substantial cutting & sewing by hand. There are a host of the cheaper special use gloves imported. I'll have to check up on them next time I go thru Salem.

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post