SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Death of D.C. Fontana Star Trek writer dead at 80
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Death of D.C. Fontana Star Trek writer dead at 80 Login/Join 
posted
D.C. Fontana one of the first female script writers for the Star Trek tv series is dead at 80. https://www.hollywoodreporter....riter-was-80-1259207

Live Long And Prosper. Another great one gone way too soon.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
She was amazing. And now I know what the D.C. stood for.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16361 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.” Rest In Peace D.C.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
She went by "D. C." so that people wouldn't realize she was a woman (they had REAL sexism back then). She was responsible for some of the greatest TV of all time.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I'll be darned...I recall seeing D.C. Fontana credited in some of the Star Trek episodes and also recall seeing the name mentioned when, as a kid, I read several of the original series Star Trek books...and never knew the writer was a woman.

I also never knew she had such a prolific writing career, not just in the Star Trek universe, but all the other shows she apparently wrote for.

R.I.P. D.C. Thanks for the stories and stimulating the imagination of a young boy all those years ago.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
- The Way to Eden (1969)
- That Which Survives (1969)
- The Enterprise Incident (1968)
- The Ultimate Computer (1968)
- By Any Other Name (1968)
- Friday's Child (1967)
- Journey to Babel (1967)
- Catspaw (1967)
- This Side of Paradise (1967)
- Tomorrow Is Yesterday (1967)
- Charlie X (1966)

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I saw this earlier in the week. I watch TOS every night when i get home on H&i network. A great writer and she will be missed. Her contributions to Trek and SciFi in general are insurmountable.

Thanks for sharing,

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post