SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    where to get bore brushes in small bulk quantities
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where to get bore brushes in small bulk quantities Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
I used 9mm/38 pistol bore brushes quite a bit, and I don't like buying them one or two at a time. Where can I get a couple dozen for a good price ? The best I've found so far is Brownells at $24/dozen. Can I do any better than this ? I'd prefer high quality brushes, but I'm not gonna pay 3$ for a pistol brush, no matter how well it's constructed. I've had decent luck in the past at gun shows, but I haven't seen bulk quantity pricing at gun shows for quite some time.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
FWIW...I was one of the Department Armorers when I was on the job. We did annual inspections, as well as taught the maint class at the Academy, etc. So I cleaned a LOT of guns over the years.

We usually bought Hoppes or Outers brushes which lasted a short time and started losing bristles immediately.

Then we started buying bulk cleaning gear from Brownells. Talk about a night and day difference in brushes.

Buy a 3 pack of their best quality brushes and note how long they last....You may be surprised a dozen will last a very long time.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Some suggestions that you probably already know.

Natchez
Midway USA
Numrich

I'm not sure about Numrich.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Brownells- 12 pack USA made for $13.49

https://www.brownells.com/gun-...rs_1=Made%2bin%2bUSA

Posts: 7483 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another thumbs up for Brownells, which is 110 miles west of me. You're supporting NRA President Pete Brownell and - best of all - pissing of the liberals!

Posts: 15911 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Decide on the specification you need and look at industrial supply places.

Posts: 9546 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
If you're cleaning semi autos (where the barrel comes out) consider getting the rifle length brush. You sort of get two swipes for each pass.

Stick with the short ones if you're cleaning revolvers.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Brownells- 12 pack USA made for $13.49

https://www.brownells.com/gun-...rs_1=Made%2bin%2bUSA

Thanks very much PBS - that was a good deal, I ordered 2 dozen, and the quality looks very good. Brownells are good people.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post