SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I miss the old days...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I miss the old days... Login/Join 
Picture of jbcummings
posted
Want to make liberal minds explode? Let’s return to the days of my youth....

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/l8fU3_VMeL8

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine what one of those are worth today?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Matte...7:g:J7UAAOSwDyxbhMU6

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I had the Johnny Eagle M14. Loved that toy.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been watching Spike Jones videos- He conducts the band with a revolver and uses it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13499 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I had one of the Mighty Mo cannon...we had a ball with it Smile...but, I will add, those hard plastic projectiles under spring pressure will break a window or three Big Grin...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
They were.
The GREATEST toy of my childhood was my 45 Colt six shooter with the stick-em caps, projectiles and superbly jeweled finish.
If was Mattel is was swell. Cool

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Remember the Mattel "Fanner 50" ? It was a Colt SAA replica that use the greenie stickem caps.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
My brothers and I played with those in our youth. We had pistols and rifles which fired plastic bullets that snapped onto spring loaded cartridges. They were great. Smile

Posts: 2589 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Around my childhood home (South MS), it was common to have "BB Gun Wars." There were rules, like no (intentional) head shots, no more than 2 pumps for the guys using Crossman 760's, no aiming for the nether bits, etc.

My favorite gun to use was a 1911 mock up that was spring loaded; boy, did I feel tough when I wielded that beast. Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Remember the Mattel "Fanner 50"

Sure do. My parents would not buy it for me, but my Aunt and Uncle came through for me and also got me the holster. My Aunt was always good for buying me stuff that my parents did not want me to have. Went through lots of caps per day. Practiced the quick draw on a daily basis. Got to be pretty good.

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Johnny 7 OMA.
Johnny 7

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2080 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I still have my "Have Gun Will Travel" Paladin guns. Bet not too many of you guys remember him with his business cards.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
Johnny 7 OMA.
Johnny 7

One Man Army. Awesome toy!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted September 06, 2018 09:34 PM Hide Post
I still have my "Have Gun Will Travel" Paladin guns. Bet not too many of you guys remember him with his business cards.

I think that the average age on this forum is 50 years. I certainly remember the cards and the theme song.

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Bet not too many of you guys remember him with his business cards.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Dirt clod/rock fights.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dirt clod/rock fights.

From a fort dug in the back yard.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Future terrorist training. Not.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6410 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fanner 50
Crossman 760
Wrist Rocket.
Benjamin pump.
Marksman 1911. It shot darts!
And at age 12, my old man bought a Case Cheetah for me. Which I promptly shoved about halfway through my index finger.
I also rode my bike. Without a helmet!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Still managed to hold onto my Crosman M1 Carbine BB gun and Johnny Eagle 1911 .45. Great toys.

Posts: 1512 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post