SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma for woodworkers or collectors **Winner ArtieS**
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma for woodworkers or collectors **Winner ArtieS** Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted
From my collection of several different style rabbet planes, this is the largest, a Record No. 010 Carriage Maker’s Rabbet Plane. Full specs at the link. I used this for many years in a custom millwork shop, but it remains in very good condition. Post WW2 manufacture, so the wood handles are beech, not rosewood.

To enter, you must have been a member prior to 2021, and have an email address in your profile. The SIGforum Oracle (Karmanator) will pick a winner early Saturday morning (2021-01-09).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryaz,

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10794 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
That is absolutely beautiful. It would definitely get used, and cared for. Consider me lucky number one.

Thank you for the opportunity. What a cool karma.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Just what I need in my new wood shop! Thanks for the chance.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I am wanting to add some specialty hand planes to my shop to try doing some of the things that I currently use my power tools for. Please add me for consideration in this karma and thank you very much!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

I would love a shot at this generous karma.

Thank you for the chance.

Posts: 1807 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. I have a small Stanley Rabbet Plane, but could use a larger, more stable one like that.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. I'm working on a set of speakers in Lignum and hickory that I could use this on.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7084 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Would be a perfect addition, please count me in.
Thanks.

Posts: 22952 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
That is a beauty - Love to take a shot.
Thanks

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, even better knowing it's history.

Thank you for the chance!

Whoever wins, maybe it would be nice to know name of the millwork shop and your use detailed somewhat more.

Tools have a story, it's nice to know!

Thanks again!

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I cannot resist asking for a chance at this. It would be used and cared for. Thank you.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to run a custom millwork shop, and now have a small working collection of vintage tools. This plane would be a welcome addition. Please include me for a chance, and thank you for the opportunity!

Posts: 1705 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Headhunter
Picture of SPSHOOTER
posted Hide Post
Record planes are great and very cool of you to offer. Could really use this in some cabinet work. Please add me in and Thanks for the generosity.

Posts: 1514 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post
Please include me. Can never have enough good quality wood working equipment. Thank you

Posts: 1362 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
No need to include me, but I must say that this is one very useful and generous karma, Good on you Mr. H.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
What a beauty! In please.

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Please include me. What a wonderful tool... Thanks for the opportunity.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10501 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive been moving more toward hand tool workworking this past couple of years. This would be well used and cared for. Please include me. Thank you.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Wow! Very nice. Please count me in.

Posts: 5699 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in as well please. But for disclosure it would go to my brother. He is a veteran as well and loves to do his woodworking and forging with older tools.

Posts: 1755 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post