SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig Romeo4s $299.99
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Romeo4s $299.99 Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted
Sig Sauer has the Romeo4s for $299 at their online store. Cyber Monday deal. I searched around first and could only find them for $450. Free shipping too!

Sig Romeo4s

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I have the Romeo1 on my newly acquired P229 Legion....love it! The paperwork for the Romeo states they will fix or replace if it gets broken...for any reason at all...no questions....you don’t often see that type of guarantee

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I wonder how this compares to the Aimpoint T-1? I just purchased the T-1 for my yet to be determined patrol rifle. This is really a great price and it appears to be very similar in specs. Does anyone have both?

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
Sig Sauer has the Romeo4s for $299 at their online store. Cyber Monday deal. I searched around first and could only find them for $450. Free shipping too!

Sig Romeo4s

I just acquire a Romeo 4H, but have not mounted it yet. Looks to be a nice red dot sight.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I've had a 4H mounted on an AR pistol for a few months now. LOVE it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of the Romeo series based on my experience with the 4H.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I loved my Romeo 4H the first time I used it. The next time I picked the rifle up the sight was dead. It is back with Sig as we speak, we will see what they say.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I loved my Romeo 4H the first time I used it. The next time I picked the rifle up the sight was dead. It is back with Sig as we speak, we will see what they say.

I look forward to what Sig has to say about your 4H red dot.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:
I wonder how this compares to the Aimpoint T-1? I just purchased the T-1 for my yet to be determined patrol rifle. This is really a great price and it appears to be very similar in specs. Does anyone have both?
For a duty weapon, no way I would use anything but Aimpoint.

The Romeo 4 is supposed to be legit and approved for the FBI, but my biggest issues is it has no track record / historical performance. Maybe in a couple of years, if it hasn't been phased out for another thing at SIG.

Now a cheap Romeo 5 for $100, I can see that on a range / training gun. But I just don't have confidence in SIG Optics because they are, even with all their Leupold employees and such, the new kids on the block when it comes to optics.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
The Romeo 4 is supposed to be legit and approved for the FBI, but my biggest issues is it has no track record / historical performance. Maybe in a couple of years, if it hasn't been phased out for another thing at SIG.

Now a cheap Romeo 5 for $100, I can see that on a range / training gun. But I just don't have confidence in SIG Optics because they are, even with all their Leupold employees and such, the new kids on the block when it comes to optics.
I agree with the not trusting it as a duty weapon sight but at less than half the cost of a T-1, to me, it's worth a shot.

I don't necessarily buy into the "not having the track record/historical performance" and "Sig is the new kid on the block argument" because at some point, Aimpoint didn't have the track record and were the new kid on the block.

Either way, it's a good price for the Romeo 4s.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
quote:

Yes, please let us know.

I move my AR pistol from my "spot" to the safe and back just about every day- I always check to make sure it has come on when I pick it up. So far, so good.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
quote:
quote:

Yes, please let us know.

I move my AR pistol from my "spot" to the safe and back just about every day- I always check to make sure it has come on when I pick it up. So far, so good.

I received my 4H back from Sig. It came back with a note saying they installed a new battery and there was nothing wrong with the sight. They did not ship this battery back with the sight, so I installed the original battery and the sight fired right up and has been flawless since.

While I am satisfied with Sig's service, I'm just not sure if I trust the sight yet. Before I called them I assumed it was just a dead battery, so I bought a new one. The sight would not power on with the original battery or the replacement. Since coming back it works perfectly with either battery, but I worry that means it has an intermittent problem that could come back at another time.

Other than that, I do really like the sight. It's only a range rifle, so I'll be keeping it on there and keeping an eye on it.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I bought a Sig P320 Compact with one just a few months ago.. dern thing will tell you if your grip or finger placement is wrong... you can see your point of aim move with just a little touch or push in the wrong way.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
quote:
quote:

Yes, please let us know.

I received my 4H back from Sig. It came back with a note saying they installed a new battery and there was nothing wrong with the sight. They did not ship this battery back with the sight, so I installed the original battery and the sight fired right up and has been flawless since.

While I am satisfied with Sig's service, I'm just not sure if I trust the sight yet. Before I called them I assumed it was just a dead battery, so I bought a new one. The sight would not power on with the original battery or the replacement. Since coming back it works perfectly with either battery, but I worry that means it has an intermittent problem that could come back at another time.

Other than that, I do really like the sight. It's only a range rifle, so I'll be keeping it on there and keeping an eye on it.

Thanx for the followup on your 4H red dot.

posted Hide Post
I'd rather spend the extra cash on Aimpoint, EOTech or Trijicon. Sig's optics are all from China as far as I know. No thanks.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post