SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for Photobucket alternative...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Photobucket alternative... Login/Join 
Picture of JAFO
posted
I have been using the free version of Photobucket ever since I started posting pics here, but it's getting tiresome. The ads are getting ridiculous on the PC. I realize subscribing would eliminate that, but the other problem is that their mobile app is a joke. You can't access your online photos from your phone, only upload from your gallery. The app's only redeeming quality is the auto-backup feature that will upload any new pictures when you're on wifi.

So is there another, better photo hosting site that you like, preferably one with a decent mobile app? A free service would be nice, but I may not be opposed to a subscriber service if it offers features I'll use.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5182 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Come on, you have been here long enough. There have been many posts in the Lounge and elsewhere on this subject.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
imgur.com is what I use.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imgur

Posts: 2245 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Trying imgur here. Long time photobucket user, and also unhappy with them.
(snip) photo was too large, resized and below

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Trying imgur here. Long time photobucket user, and also unhappy with them.

It's working LOL.

I am also a reformed photobucket user who switched to Imgur and haven't looked back.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
It does work! And I think I have my new avatar pic. Big Grin
Next step is to find resizing tools on the webpage. Edit: Found them

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped with Photobucket also. Question though. I've only got a link when I copy from Imgur. How do I get a picture to show up?

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I stopped with Photobucket also. Question though. I've only got a link when I copy from Imgur. How do I get a picture to show up?

Figured it out. Damn old people sometimes.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:

When viewing the image in Imgur, and placing your pointer over the image you should see a "copy" option within the image frame and there should be a pull down arrow. Use the pull down to select "get share links" then for Forum select BBCode. Past that into your SF posting.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
www.PostImage.Org for me. I love it. It's so freaking easy. I can in under one minute, snap a picture, upload it to their website, and post it here. Also does all the resizing at upload so you don't have to fight with web based editing which photofuckit really sucks at. The best part is no sign up/sign in required. Also no apps needed either. I may get around to setting up an account but I am lazy and don't need to have access to a library of stuff.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
imgur.com is what I use.

I dumped photobucket and went there as well.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37173 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I tried imgur, but there was something I didn't like about it (or couldn't figure out), so I set up a flickr account, which I still don't really like.

What I want is Photobucket, but waaaay back when it worked.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Photobucket pissed me off years ago. I use Flickr here and have a few free accounts with all with 1TB of storage.

Been loving it.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I, too switched to post image after too much frustration with photobucket. Its very easy to use and free.

Posts: 12233 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I tried imgur, but there was something I didn't like about it (or couldn't figure out), so I set up a flickr account, which I still don't really like.

What I want is Photobucket, but waaaay back when it worked.

-Rob

This. I really miss the see whole album on one page. Now I feel photobucket is clickbait, and slow too boot.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I went from PB to Imgur.com quite a while ago. Imgur.com has definately went downhill a bit in the last year. It's not bad enough to make me move yet though. The other issue with Imgur.com is that they will block certain websites from "hotlinking". So like on the Mustang6G forum I am on, if you put the direct link from imgur into your img tags it will be blocked. I have no issues with hotlinking on this forum though.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1788 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
You can't access your online photos from your phone, only upload from your gallery.

You sure about that? ~ works fine on my phone.
Hey, if you find something you like better then go for it.
My paid version is ad-less and never had a problem.
YMMV

Posts: 23193 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Fototime. Not free, but $23.95 a year isn't exactly a hardship.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Come on, you have been here long enough. There have been many posts in the Lounge and elsewhere on this subject.

To be honest, I never go to the Lounge. And I will freely admit I posted the question in haste and did not perform a search first. Frown

But thanks for all the responses!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5182 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post