SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    After Sale Experiences with Acorn Chairlift, Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After Sale Experiences with Acorn Chairlift, Questions Login/Join 
posted
My father-in-law purchased a brand new Acorn Stairlift a few days before he died. My wife is the executor for his estate and needs to sell the stairlift. The Acorn folks came back and uninstalled the stairlift.

In trying to sell the stairlift, several potential customers have asked a few questions I didn't have an answer for so I am throwing those out for the forum brain trust.

1. Will Acorn install their product on behalf of someone who has bought their stairlift used?

2. Can they or will they replace the rail with one of a different length?

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I would suggest contacting Acorn direct

https://www.acornstairlifts.com/

1-866-873-6574

Posts: 24233 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I sold my fathers hardly used Acorn lift on craigslist. I removed it myself from his home with a limited number of basic hand tools needed.
I think Acorn used local subcontractors to install them so I suspect they would be willing to do an install if needed. You may want to call the people that did the removal for you and ask this question. They are most likely an independent contractor.
The person that bought mine (for an older relative) did his own install and had approximately the same dimension stairwell.

Posts: 9798 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post