SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My first meal pic (with protection of course...)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first meal pic (with protection of course...) Login/Join 
Picture of barndg00
posted

Tonight's dinner, ribeye steak, cooked sous vide to 129 degrees and then seared in cast iron skillet, a perfect medium rare. It was served with canned mountain 1/2 runner green beans and mashed taters, though they didn't make the picture, and accompanied with an amazing 2012 Frank Family Cabernet Sauvingnon. The wife and I felt a bit of celebrating was in order after a great deal was accomplished today, and the little one is with her grandparents. Protection provided by a classic Sig P226 and a Spyderco Salt I, though it was not needed for long...

Posts: 2162 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Very well protected, nice sized hunk of meat, but you got to let us see in the inside. Cool

Did your wife ask why the hell your steak was posing with a SIG?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Great first MP. I approve. And am now getting hungry.

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Winning!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
SWMBO did look on curiously as I took it off the pan and ran immediately to get a weapon and camera - but quickly realized it was for my "gun buddies"...

Next time, I will remember to post the before and after - though before looks a little weak in the vacuum sealed bag.

Posts: 2162 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Was your wife's the same size? Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Is that a paper plate? Love the design.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Looks good.

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
Is that a paper plate? Love the design.

Melamine, from Target I believe.

Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

Well, we split it, I'd still be in a meat coma if I'd eaten that whole thing.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

Well, we split it, I'd still be in a meat coma if I'd eaten that whole thing.

Looks very good, nicely done.

Sometimes a nice little "meat coma" is worth it! Wink

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I should have one up for Fathers day, getting something special from the butcher on Sat.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!!!!!! Big Grin

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7213 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Nice...

What goes on the Threaded Barrel?

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
Nice...

You know damn well what it's for. Speaking of that. Got my membership info. We need to plan a trip. Got some toys you haven't tried yet. And I want to try some of yours on rifle range. Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Two words: Yum Yum.

Ok, that's technically one word dittoed. Xeroxed if you will. I had to look up sous vide, interesting.

Posts: 2045 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
Nice...

There is an appropriate muzzle device for it, but for protection, noise seems to be a good thing, right?

posted Hide Post
Wow. Nice work! We have nearly the exact same tastes; it looks just like a lot of my meals (except mine is a cheaper wine Smile )

Sous vide medium rare is a my favorite way to cook steaks (I then sear in the hottest cast-iron skillet I can create), the ribeye is my choice steak, and it pairs perfectly with California cab.

Mouth watering . . .

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The wife and I felt a bit of celebrating was in order after a great deal was accomplished today,

Are you going to leave us hanging?
What was accomplished today?

But... nice steak!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Need some.cheesecake to go with that?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post