SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mattresses from Amazon?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mattresses from Amazon? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Anyone ever get a memory foam mattress from Amazon? My son’s dog pretty much made a mess of his, but seeing he might be out of the house in a couple of years,I don’t wanna spend just a ton on some fancy Sealy or TempurPedic.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16197 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm normally an Amazon fan, but in this case I'm going to recommend against Amazon. Amazon's policy is that their warranty supersedes the manufacturer's warranty and most of the bed in the box mattress companies have a 90 or 100 day trial period if you buy direct, but if you buy from Amazon it's 30 days.

One of the best mattress threads of 2017 had a recommendation for the forum The Mattress Underground. This is so much better than reading ratings on Amazon, Costco, etc. as they actually break down the layers and their quality. Not a big deal if you're 150 lbs, but a huge deal if you're over 200 lbs. The link above is specifically for their bed in a box (do yourself a favor and spend the time reading), and if you're over 200 lbs make sure it says "suitable for any weight range"

I ended up going with Sedona Sleep's Base Mattress and Topper Combination. Actually have a different density of talalay latex on each side of the bed (can be used for his/hers or back / side). I've had it since December and I'm very happy.

My base is from Costco and it's a Sleep Science Split King Adjustable Base. I like sitting up to read and watch TV. I fall asleep most nights in the zero gravity position, and sometime in the middle of the night hit the flat button to side sleep the remainder of the night. Like the mattress, I've had it 4 months and I'm very happy. One thing that surprised me is that Costco's white glove service is a division of Schneider National (the trucking company).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23378 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I've had a zinus mattress in a box, and their frame for a year now, it was cheap but it's comfortable and held up just fine with my 250lbs.

Posts: 8152 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the Amazon bed in a box one year ago. It has been great. It replaced my Sleep Number that I hated.

Bought an Amazon bed for my 16 Y/O son 2 month ago, he loves it.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I bought a $139 memory foam mattress on Amazon last Nov. So far so good. If I get 2-3 years out of it I'll consider it money well spent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16125 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
I got a Snuggle Pedic from Amazon.
Have about 9 months of cool, comfortable sleep on it.
Awesome mattress made in the USA. It's rated "plush" which is between medium and firm.
Comes with a very nice Bamboo cover. Company sent me a freebie premium organic cotton
Bamboo cover a month after purchase.
Great purchase experience all around.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Back in 2014 we bought a Sleep Inovations Shiloh 12” memory foam mattress from Amazon. Still very comfortable. Best mattress we ever had, and we’ve had all the big names.

Posts: 26987 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought a memory foam mattress from Amazon and it’s been excellent.

I wouldn’t worry too much about any warranty because after these foam mattresses do a jack in the box type of entry into the world you’re not going to get it back into the box to ship it back anyhow.

Posts: 3938 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
We put a Amazon memory foam mattress in our Tiffin motorhome.

It is very comfortable and for about $500 is a good value.

Very happy with it, I actually prefer it over our Temperpedic.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I wouldn’t worry too much about any warranty because after these foam mattresses do a jack in the box type of entry into the world you’re not going to get it back into the box to ship it back anyhow.

They typically don't want the mattress shipped back.

If you don't like the mattress and want your money back during the "satisfaction guaranteed" trial period, most of these memory foam mattress companies will have you donate the mattress to your local Goodwill/Salvation Army/etc., and then send them the donation receipt.

Posts: 32598 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I've had a zinus mattress in a box, and their frame for a year now, it was cheap but it's comfortable and held up just fine with my 250lbs.

Same, I slept on a 12” Zinus for about two months while I was renting an apartment making the transition back to Texas (family wasn’t with me yet). It was great, it’s now on my 5 y/o daughter’s bed and she loves it.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cusingeorge
posted Hide Post
We bought a mattress from these guys based on a recommendation from a friend, and my wife's due diligence:

Purple Mattress

We had a Stearns and Foster before that. The Purple is a little more stiff but my back and neck pain went away after 2 weeks.

My tongue swore, but my mind was still unpledged.

Posts: 2196 | Location: Calumet, Oklahoma  | Registered: August 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
I bought one for roughly $300 bucks a foam one. Love it. Do it

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7905 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
the forum The Mattress Underground.

Interesting resource. We're in the market, good to have some opinions to blend into the stoopid 5 minute trial lay down.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12468 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post