SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LED Rope Light Suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LED Rope Light Suggestions Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted
When I remolded back in 2011 I left a gap in our crown molding so I could put a rope light in. It begins and ends in our kitchen cabinets. I have an outlet inside the top cabinet that can be controlled by 2 wall switches. These have worked well for 11 years but they are showing their age. I was thinking of upgrading to RGB with more control. I need about 105 feet total. I am looking for something that can be bent around 90 degree turns. It needs to retain memory when it's switched off. I have found a few options on Amazon but I am not 100% confident they will meet my needs. Was hoping someone here has done something similar and would have suggestions.

...and it looks like I will be doing some cleaning this weekend Big Grin

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s okay, the liquor shelf is plenty stocked for your cleaning enjoyment.

Posts: 971 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
We did that same look in our old house. Mrs. Mike ordered some LEDs from Amazon. They were remote controlled and used AAbatteries. Didn’t have the thick clear plastic, just the very thin wire and LEDs every foot or so.

Them being remote controlled was cool. We only used them when friends were over, so the batteries lasted years

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11304 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Costco has some on sale right now. I put 2 sets across my kitchen cabinets - 36’ I believe. The colors can be changed from my iPhone and I connected them to a Zwave switch so SmartThings will auto on/off them. I think they are about $15 for 18’ that will connect end to end. They have a memory also. I’m very happy with them.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I am going to try these. They are the exact length I need and I can return if they don't work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...A211QI5DUX7LXO&psc=1

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post