SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Philadelphia Phillies Having A Good Season So Far
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philadelphia Phillies Having A Good Season So Far Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
The hottest team in MLB right now

Last night:

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Pitching is their Achilles.

Mariners are playing better but our "All star" Roll Eyes is playing like a dud.

And leading mlb in strike outs is not helping.

But a long season so, so far better than the first three weeks of the season. Smile

Keep grinding away boys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They sure are. My Cubs bullpen is horrible but Imanaga is 5-0 with a 1.08 ERA. Enjoy your Phillies PASig, we will see you in early July.

Posts: 1149 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
They beat the crap out of my Giants.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
They beat the crap out of my Giants.

No kidding, the East coast swing has been a disaster. Offense should've woken up with all the fly-ball friendly yards...nope, went to sleep. Thankfully they got a W in Denver last night.

Posts: 15030 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The hottest team in MLB right now

Enjoy it!

Here in St. Louis we are used to the Cardinals being a good team, usually at or near the top of the division.
This year... we suck!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Here in St. Louis we are used to the Cardinals being a good team, usually at or near the top of the division.
This year... we suck!
The Astros say "Hold my beer and watch this!" We went from the World Series to the 4th worst team in MLB Eek

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23624 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Reds have lost seven in a row. Pitching is pretty good, bats went silent.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if the White Sox are going to lose 120+ this year. LOL. Reinsdorf needs to sell the team, he's one of the worst team owners in sports (he also owns the Chicago Bulls).

Posts: 13280 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Cardinals continue to play sub par ball. Very frustrating to witness.
I'm told Mozeliak got boo'd at the season opener and got all butt hurt publicly afterwards.
Well, here's your clue Johnny. STL fans have grown accustomed to NOT keeping a firm lock on last place in the division.
Way too much talent on that team for their performance the last couple of years now.

Posts: 2054 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
LMAO if this isn’t Philly sports fans summed up in one video I don’t know what else is.

The Phillies swept the Washington Nationals, and this dude stood out on Broad Street with a broom as the National’s team buses all departed Citizens Bank Park ballfield in Philly:

https://x.com/franzkela/status...291691556151672?s=46

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It matters more how you play in September and if you make it to October. The Braves played well last year but lost to the Phillies in the playoffs.

Posts: 1695 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
It matters more how you play in September and if you make it to October. The Braves played well last year but lost to the Phillies in the playoffs.

You're not wrong but, it's way too early in the season to be speaking reasonably...Summer break hasn't even started. Cool
Its a long season, we're at the point in the schedule where it's about finding things to complain about and having the rhythms of the game in the background.

Posts: 15030 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Easiest schedule in all of MLB so far.

Teams they have played are:
Braves (26-16)
Reds (19-28)
Nats (20-25)
Cards (20-26)
Pirates (22-26)
Rockies (15-31)
White Sox (14-33)
Reds (19-28)
Padres (24-24)
Angels (18-29)
Giants (23-25)
Blue Jays (20-25)
Marlins (15-33)
Mets (21-25)
Nats (20-25)

And now they get the Rangers (24-24), Rockies (15-31), Giants (23-25), and Cardinals (20-26) before finally playing a team with a winning record.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10554 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh definitely, it’s a sport of longevity. The grind isn’t beating everyone down yet. Lots of time still for slumps, injuries, trades… Not to mention the kind of strain that profession can put on family/personal life. It’s incremental gains and setbacks all season. Any Chicago sports fan learns to grow thick skin.

Posts: 1149 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Easiest schedule in all of MLB so far.

Teams they have played are:
Braves (26-16)
Reds (19-28)
Nats (20-25)
Cards (20-26)
Pirates (22-26)
Rockies (15-31)
White Sox (14-33)
Reds (19-28)
Padres (24-24)
Angels (18-29)
Giants (23-25)
Blue Jays (20-25)
Marlins (15-33)
Mets (21-25)
Nats (20-25)

And now they get the Rangers (24-24), Rockies (15-31), Giants (23-25), and Cardinals (20-26) before finally playing a team with a winning record.

I love seeing these excuses that it’s their “easy” schedule, LOL

Can’t be that they’re got a pretty talented and tight team that plays really well together and all seem like best buds with each other can it? No it’s gotta be the schedule!

Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Life long Pirates fan here. Decades of disappointment. Frown Mad

Posts: 1931 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I will only add this as an Astros fan, I’ll root for the Phillies this year when they play the Dodgers. Dodgers are trying to be the Yankees of the NL.

Going to be a great year of basebal!!
Good luck Phillies.

Go Stros!

Posts: 3532 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Phillies lose all-star shortstop Trea Turner, who is having an mvp type season, on May 3rd to a 6 week injury.

13-3 since. Phillies got their mojo working. Cool

Posts: 4810 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
Life long Pirates fan here. Decades of disappointment. Frown Mad

Common, you got Skenes