SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I think my wife picked out the heaviest tile she could
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think my wife picked out the heaviest tile she could Login/Join 
posted
At least it wasn’t the most expensive one I guess.

Just under 50 pounds a box. I’ve acquired 30 boxes so far, 20 to go. The real fun starts when it comes time to remove the 30 year old glue down hardwood. Can’t wait to see her face when I bring the garden hose in the house to soak it down so that it will release. I may wait for her to leave town for a few days as I know that’s not going to go over well. It’ll be worth the hernia when it’s all said and done I suppose. The place needs to be brought up to the current decade and I enjoy the work. Now where’s my ice pack...?

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well...if it wasn't the expensive one it's win-win. You get to save $ on the tile and a gym membership! Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
My wife did that once, and picked it up herself. Apparently the fact that our Suburban would tow 5,000# made her think loading probably a ton in the cargo area was ok.

It looked like she had to tap the brakes to get the front end on the ground each time she wanted to steer.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12468 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
My wife did that once, and picked it up herself. Apparently the fact that our Suburban would tow 5,000# made her think loading probably a ton in the cargo area was ok.

It looked like she had to tap the brakes to get the front end on the ground each time she wanted to steer.

I've done that several times with Toyota's

bought 50 'stones' for a back patio a week or so ago,
16x16, not quite 2" thick, cast type concrete stones,

and 4 bags of sand,

2000 Tundra was squatting,, but other than hitting the bump stops a few times, all was good,

nice easy drive home via backroads,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10440 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Heavy, but isn't it pretty?

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post