SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An interesting ad I saw in the local classifieds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An interesting ad I saw in the local classifieds Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
A guy is selling an old Atari Pong video game and only wants $4 for it, but there's a catch: the $4 must be paid in pre-1964 dimes, quarters and half-dollars. If you can't pay in coins, he wants $80.
I guess it's due to the amount of silver in pre-1964 coins.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Yep, pre-'64 is the collector/hoarder's score, containing 90% actual silver. Almost everything after contains no silver at all.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Todays spot price (junk silver) of a pre-64 Silver Dollar (Peace or Morgan) is $16.22. However you’d pay a much higher premium to buy one.

Great story, thanks for posting it.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Computing on a MOS6502 (or variant). The happy days when computing was exciting and new.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Computing on a MOS6502 (or variant). The happy days when computing was exciting and new.

Side note - that's my hobby. I'm currently working on a game for the Atari 2600 in 6502 assembly.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My next WTS will be for only one Licoln penny. But it must be a 1955 DD. Smile

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Keep your eye out for 2019 W mint marked quarter dollar coins. Minted at West Point named America the Beautiful series. 10,000,000 struck and mixed with quarters from other mints. Circulated W quarters in good condition are $10.00 to $15.00. Uncirculated are a $20.00 coin. How they arrive at uncirculated when all were put into circulation is a scheme. Seller on Amazon is selling a set of 5 for $279.00.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Would Chumlee be wrong?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Great American Coin Hunt.. Big Grin. 2 down and 9,999,998 to go.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post