SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another reason Menards is my favorite store
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another reason Menards is my favorite store Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted
The email says it all:

Dear Valued Guest,

You are receiving this email as you recently placed a special order for a Porter Cable Oscillating Tool kit. Due to an error by the vendor, this product was incorrectly listed as a 52-piece tool kit. Unfortunately, the tool kit is actually a 31-piece kit. I am very sorry for this error caused by the vendor’s incorrect description.

We would like to honor your order and deliver on the 31-piece kit as well as refund you for the balance of merchandise on your order. Do note that if you ordered the product to ship to your home, the shipping costs and processing fees would not be refunded.

Please accept our apology for the error and accept the package when it arrives to your home, or go pick it up at the store when you receive notification of its arrival at the store if you ordered it to ship to the store. The refund to your account will be made pending your receipt of the product. Please do allow a few extra days for those funds to process to your account due to the holidays. No extra step is needed of you to receive the refund. Thank you for your business and have a very Merry Christmas.

Thank you,
Josh K Guest Services
Menard, Inc.

Posts: 4689 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Used to live right by one in Michigan, it was a great store, little bit of everything in there

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Was in Rapid City a couple of weeks ago and my buddy and I went there. Love to and wish they were down here.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:
Was in Rapid City a couple of weeks ago and my buddy and I went there. Love to and wish they were down here.

Yup, Menard's here is a very popular solid merchant to deal with. They offer a wide range of products for the handyman and home. Those with their credit card are routinely treated to 11% off damn near everything too.

https://www.menards.com/main/home.html

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Here Menards runs 11% off everything about once a month, They always give 2% cashback with a Menards card so if you charge it during the 11% off week you actually get 13% off.

I bought an $11,000 pole barn kit during 11% off sale and charged it to get the extra 2%.

Posts: 4689 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Menard's is awesome. As long as the one near me remains open, I'll never have a reason to set foot in a Home Depot or Lowe's again.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I love Menards!

I hate the thought, let alone of ever going to Home Depot or Lowes. On the very few occasions I have to go to another home improvement store I can't help but feel dirty.

Posts: 4620 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the Yooper Menards, you can buy t-shirts, socks and.... Tater chips.
Fine establishment.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
We got one a few years back but I am just not that big of a fan. They always advertise 11% off as a rebate but it is only good for merchandise in their store. I think the prices are better overall at Lowes or Home Depot.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5034 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Menards and Home Depot are side by side here. Parking lot in Menards is always packed while Home Depot is nearly empty. When I spec built a couple of houses a couple of years ago, I always compared prices and it was always cheaper at Menards. Quality of lumber/bldg marerials is similar at both places.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic: They always advertise 11% off as a rebate but it is only good for merchandise in their store.

The 11% off is also for special order items.

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post