SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Problem solved, thanks for the advice.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem solved, thanks for the advice. Login/Join 
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted
Turns out I’m overthinking it. Not a crack after all.

Note: the darker coloring on the back edge of the spoiler is just the shadow of my phone.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spiff_P239,

Posts: 3521 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Appears that it was constructed from 2 separate pieces in the first place? That break is too clean/straight.

Q

Posts: 26470 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Appears that it was constructed from 2 separate pieces in the first place? That break is too clean/straight.

I’ll have to take a closer look at it tomorrow as the sun has set here in Michigan. If it’s just something simple like that, I’d rather look like an idiot on here and learn a quick lesson than waste my time at the dealership and be laughed at in person.

Posts: 3521 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It does look very straight to me as well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a crack. There may be a separation between the two parts, but that straight, clean edge on both sides is very clearly the edge of two separate parts. With shrinkage due to low temperatures, of course the parts may show a slight gap. Expect it to disappear when it warms up.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I have had that happen. I had an 05 Roush Mustang where the spoiler actually cracked. It was in a storage shed, no heat, and it was very cold that winter. Yours however looks like a seam, it's to clean to be a crack.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree with everyone else; my first thought when looking at the picture is that line is way to straight to be a crack.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Sounds like I have nothing to worry about. Thanks all.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:

If it's not a crack, don't you still have to worry about it being separated?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19702 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:

If it's not a crack, don't you still have to worry about it being separated?

As the temperatures heat back up, it should expand back to its original size and close the gap.