SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Tough Broad" Carjacked
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Tough Broad" Carjacked Login/Join 
posted
Terrible story, but I couldn't help smiling after seeing the victim's comments.

88-year-old says she’s a ‘tough broad’ after carjackers attack her in handicapped spot, cops say

After police say two people violently assaulted and carjacked her in a Walmart parking lot, 88-year-old Gloria Kevelighan is calling herself “a tough broad.”

On Tuesday afternoon, police say the woman had just parked in a handicapped spot at the Walmart in Livonia, Michigan, when two people sneaked up on her from behind, according to WJBK.

Kevelighan told WJBK that the attack “was traumatic but it happened in seconds.”

A 38-year-old man threw the 88-year-old to the ground after punching her in the head, police say, according to WXYZ. The man stole Kevelighan’s purse, police say, and he and a 41-year-old woman jumped into the woman’s car and sped off.

Kevelighan said she tried to fend off the attack — but the man who attacked her was just too strong, according to WXYZ.

“I tried to turn around and sack him with my cane,” she told WXYZ, “because I always said if anybody bothered me I’d use my cane.”

Both suspects, who have not yet been publicly identified by police, were arrested the day of the carjacking, according to WDIV. Police say they used a phone left in the stolen car to track the movements of the alleged carjackers, who are set to be arraigned on Thursday.

Kevelighan said that the carjacking has left her “a mess,” according to The Hometown Life. But she tried to find a silver lining after she was treated a nearby hospital on Tuesday.

“What can I say?” she asked the newspaper. “I’m alive.”

But when it comes to the man who first attacked her, Kevelighan has some choice words.

“I’d kill the son of a b----,” she said, according to The Hometown Life. ““I know you can’t put that on (television), but I would.”

The woman’s Ford Escape and purse were found after the two suspects were arrested, police say, but she is still missing $200, according to The Hometown Life. Now, Kevelighan is warning other senior citizens to “have eyes in the back of your head” when going out in public.

Still, the 88-year-old is grappling with the violent experience that she didn’t see coming.

“He pushed me and I fell flat on my face,” she said, according to WJBK. “I hit my head, I was bleeding and everything.”

https://www.thestate.com/news/...rticle218723820.html

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what a horrible story

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Photo of the two jackwads

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
” I’d kill the son of a b----,” she said, according to The Hometown Life. ““I know you can’t put that on (television), but I would.”

Millions of others have the same thought lady. Glad she’s mostly ok.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I think we should let her have at them with her cane. If she gets tired, I'm sure there'd be a line of helpers.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
Photo of the two jackwads

Their faces are a mess, on meth no doubt or some thing else and needed money for a fix.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Public caning. The "tough broad" gets first whack(s).

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Each of these animals is being held on 2 million dollar bonds. I hope they get the maximum punishment of the law that they have coming to them.

https://www.freep.com/story/ne...ld-woman/1374667002/

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
gotta be tweakers. They have that definte meth head look.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Fucking scumbags!!! Mad Mad

I've seen cattle with more intelligent looks on their faces.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Yet another example of O2 wasters.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I try to say something nice or positive. For these two, I got nothing.

Posts: 6926 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post