SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I don't play golf, but damn!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't play golf, but damn! Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
video at link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1326232433373704194

skipping over the pond

No 16 at the Masters

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Twitter Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Here you go...WOW!!!

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5545 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Only thing better would be for the patrons to be there... that would have been an epic roar.

For those who don't know, it is tradition for the players, after hitting their normal tee shots at 16 during the practice rounds, to move up to the edge of the pond and try skipping a ball over the pond. This area of the course always has a huge amount of patrons a) because its possibly the prettiest spot on the course b) there's a huge hill that acts as a natural amphitheater. There are around 50k ppl allowed on the course during practice rounds and probably 5k of them are at 16 at any given time.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10594 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
Here you go...WOW!!!

Hahaha!

There's no way he planned to hit that ball that way.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Here you go...WOW!!!

Hahaha!

He did. It's a thing during the Masters in the practice rounds.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10362 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
That was his second hole in one this week during practice, so my guess he is screwed once the tournament starts. Big Grin

Posts: 1855 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I don't get it, isn't it supposed to that (go in the hole)?

Posts: 6791 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Some years ago on live tv coverage of a golf tournment watched Lee Treveno score a hole-in-one by taking the short cut over the top of a water hazzard . Ball hit the ground once then bounced directly into the cup. All of this happend on LIVE TV before instant replay with the camera following the ball from the club striking the ball till it fell into the cup. By doing so Mr. Treveno won a new Oldsmobile Toronada car. . But "cow pasture pool" is not my cup of tea. ................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2089 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Here you go...WOW!!!

Hahaha!

He did. It's a thing during the Masters in the practice rounds.

From what I've seen in past tournaments, Rahm probably hit a 7(-ish) iron from the normal tee location. I believe his first shot is the ball that's just a few feet shy of the pin.

As the tradition goes at the Masters, Rahm moved forward to rough-ish grass just in front of the pond for his second and "crowd pleaser" shot. Probably used a 3 or 4 iron, struck down on the ball, and gave it an uber-low trajectory. We Joe-average golfers would probably have to try dozens and dozens of times just to get the ball to intentionally skip across the water.

Posts: 8016 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Yeah probably 8 or even 9 to that back left (sunday-ish) pin. 3 or 4 to skip it. I know Adam Scott was using 4 to do it a few years ago.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10594 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
That was quite fantastic. What a shot!

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post