SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Intruder versus the armed home-owner.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intruder versus the armed home-owner. Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
If the home-owner had not been armed, then he and his partner might have been killed by this jerk. The restraint shown by the homeowner is admirable - there are many places, and many people, who would have blown the intruder's ass into next week.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sD0N4_1565219232

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tacfoley,

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
What SHOULD have happened here?

Would be a better title...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8393 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
The homeowner handled it the way I would have. The intruder acted like he was drunk or high and wasn't a physical threat once he got off the patio. He got arrested and that is the best outcome.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Immediate threat removed, the "homeowner" held his firearm loosely at his side, and clearly didn't feel much of a threat. The exchange was verbal at that point.

The person attempting entry had loose clothing which could have hidden a weapon. I don't know that I'd be too quick to assume the man was unarmed or to lower guard simply because he may appear to not be a threat.

The response time of the "homeowner," with firearm in hand, is good.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Intruder's lucky there wasn't a pack of Chihuahuas layin' low and waiting for the right moment.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The intruder spends considerable time pulling up his pants, or possibly controlling a pistol. Does not look excessively drunk or high to me, he could change to a robber/killer in a second.

-c1steve

Posts: 4063 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Someone has a signature line to the effect that 'you can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just with a kind word.'

This would seem to prove that point.

Homeowner did very well, and I have to say the intruder reacted well - retreated, put his hands up, became a non-threat.

Posts: 15036 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I have only two things to add:

1. This is why I keep my doors locked even when at home.

2. I would have kept my gun at "high-ready" (I hope that's the right term) until he was out-of-sight gone.

I think the homeowner did ok.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Good response by the homeowner; the guy looked like he wasn’t completely in charge of his faculties, whatever the reason. Latching the gate after getting on the porch didn’t scream burglar to me. Regardless, I he best outcome for all was reached.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15618 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Since he was wearing a Cincinnati Reds jersey, I assume he was just trying to steal home.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post