SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Manchin demands Biden apologize for 'outrageous' coal comments: 'Time he learn a lesson'
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manchin demands Biden apologize for 'outrageous' coal comments: 'Time he learn a lesson' Login/Join 
posted
Nice to see some infighting amongst the Dems.

Sen. Joe Manchin Saturday demanded President Biden apologize for saying coal plants "all across America" will be shut down, in a scathing statement just days before crucial midterm elections.

"President Biden’s comments are not only outrageous and divorced from reality, they ignore the severe economic pain the American people are feeling because of rising energy costs," Manchin, D-W.Va., said. "Comments like these are the reason the American people are losing trust in President Biden and instead believes he does not understand the need to have an all in energy policy that would keep our nation totally energy independent and secure."

Sen. Joe Manchin ripped into President Biden on Saturday morning for comments the president made about shutting down coal plants on Friday. (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)

BIDEN SAYS COAL PLANTS ‘ALL ACROSS AMERICA’ WILL BE SHUT DOWN, REPLACED WITH WIND AND SOLAR

Manchin added: "It seems his positions change depending on the audience and the politics of the day. Politicizing our nation’s energy policies would only bring higher prices and more pain for the American people."

Biden Friday called coal plants too expensive to operate, and said renewable forms of energy will replace them.

President Biden and Democrats are seeking to hold onto a tenuous Senate majority in key midterms coming up Tuesday. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)

"No one is building new coal plants because they can’t rely on it. Even if they have all the coal guaranteed for the rest of the existence of the plant," Biden said.

"So it's going to become a wind generation," Biden continued. "And all they're doing is it’s going to save them a hell of a lot of money and using the same transmission line that they transmitted the coal-fired electric on, we're going to be shutting these plants down all across America and having wind and solar power."

Manchin, whose state has a long history with the coal industry, has often been critical of the Biden administration on energy policy.

President Biden, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., at the signing ceremony for the Inflation Reduction Act. Manchin championed the bill in the 50-50 Senate, which Democrats control because Vice President Harrs can break ties.

But Manchin's comments Saturday come at a remarkable time, just days before a critical midterm election in which Democrats and Republicans are in a toss-up battle for Senate control.

"Let me be clear, this is something the President has never said to me," Manchin said of the Biden comments. "Being cavalier about the loss of coal jobs for men and women in West Virginia and across the country who literally put their lives on the line to help build and power this country is offensive and disgusting.

"The President owes these incredible workers an immediate and public apology and it is time he learn a lesson that his words matter and have consequences," Manchin said.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News Digital.

LINK: https://www.foxnews.com/politi...time-he-learn-lesson

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sen. Joe Manchin

Asshole! You voted for that horrible Inflation Reduction Act aka, Build Back Better. So shove it. You straight up voted for this.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Oh sure, now you're pissed. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I read an interesting essay on Quillette the other day. Granted, the agenda is pro-nuclear (which I am in favor of). But the author made some very interesting comparisons between energy sources:

quote:
Unlike fossil-fuel energy and nuclear power, the energy from solar and wind is widely dispersed, requiring large tracts of land to “collect and harness” it for power generation. Fossil fuels can produce 500 to 10,000 watts per square meter and nuclear can produce 500 to 1,000 watts per square meter. Solar power, on the other hand, can only produce five to 20 watts per square meter. Wind can produce just one or two.

The current installed power from all energy sources in the US is 1.2 terawatts (one million megawatts). Converting all that energy to wind and solar (assuming an average land use requirement of 10 watts per square meter), would require a tract of land larger than the size of Texas and California combined, making the comprehensive transition to green infeasible.

The essay goes on to talk about the unmitigated environmental harm that "green energy" is causing (dystopian landscapes in Myanmar from mining, resources required per mile, disposal requirements).

"The Future is Wind" makes for a nice bumper sticker, but totally ignores reality. "Believe the Science" is an acceptable mantra for COVID, but not for energy?

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“Red tsunami?” I don’t know, but God knows, Biden and the Dems have earned one.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Too little too late Manchin, you cheap traitorous fuck. You pretended to be for American interests and then agreed to an outrageous spending bill that weakened us further. You were promptly made a fool of by your fellow traitor democRATs. We will vote your sorry ass out for your perfidy.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I like it when the animals cannibalize each other.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And there is this jewel from him about having to work bipartisan to make sure Social Security is kept solvent because the debt can't be sustained. https://thehill.com/policy/fin...aid-in-new-congress/

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damage is already done.
I wonder how much it cost to get Manchin to flip on the Build Back Better bill that he was opposed to?
Now Joe wants the other Joe to apologize. What a fucked up time we live in.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Screw that guy.

No more regard for him than a carnival barker.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Manchin better hope his constituents have a short memory come 2024. He learned what happens when you make a deal with the devil.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
...perfidy.
Daaaaaang!!! Now THERE is a "word of the day"!!!!! [golf clap]

/drift

quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Manchin better hope his constituents have a short memory come 2024. He learned what happens when you make a deal with the devil.
I'm sure his opponent will (hopefully) remind the masses of Joe M's bullsh*t...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Manchin better hope his constituents have a short memory come 2024.

My peeps in WV are very unhappy with Manchin right now, and his recent quickness to give them the shaft.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Back room deals with a guy suffering from dementia are hard to keep secret. Lots of criminals flinching every time The Big Guy starts one of his rambling stories.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Either Manchin was a fool for not expecting this, or more likely he is now just faking outrage to keep his votes in the next election. Anyone in a state that has any oil and gas related industry has to know by now where the Dems stand on the issue.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe "forgot" about his deal with Manchin... What an idiot Manchin is...

Posts: 345 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Conservative Treehouse has a timely article about this turncoat.

https://theconservativetreehou...coal-powered-energy/

FTA:

Yesterday, Joe Biden declared that all coal-fired electricity plants in the U.S would be shut down, saying, “we’re going to be shutting these plants down all across America and having wind and solar.”

Today, West Virginia Democrat Joe Manchin, the senator who gave Joe Biden the vote he needed for the ‘inflation reduction act’ also known as the climate change investment act that will eliminate all oil, coal and natural gas development, pretends to act surprised that Joe Biden will destroy the West Virginia coal mining industry...

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Well…get ready for some dark nights. Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
We need to get rid of this and the other fucking fossils and keep the fuel.
quote:
Yesterday, Joe Biden declared that all coal-fired electricity plants in the U.S would be shut down, saying, “we’re going to be shutting these plants down all across America and having wind and solar.”
Just on his say-so, huh? Roll Eyes All by himself? Mad

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Manchin is no less a weasel than the rest of the Dems. It's political theater: Dem leadership knows he needs to feign outrage to hold office in a state that primary-voted for an imprisoned felon INSTEAD of an incumbent Barack H. Obama. And Manchin correctly calculates that this will be all it takes to keep his voting base in his camp. But no mistake: He fears the displeasure of his party masters WAY more than he fears the voters. He'll ultimately fall into the Party Line, every damn time.

Posts: 2465 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post