SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know the Trademark Process?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know the Trademark Process? Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
I’m about to start a side business and I want to trademark the name so nobody else can use it. I know very little about the trademark process but before I go any further I thought I would ask if anyone has any expertise? Do I need an attorney, etc?

Thanks for your time.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12907 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife did it on her own with a little help from searching google. A lawyer would be easier if you don’t want to do it yourself. Enforcement is a different issue and gets to be a pain quickly.

Posts: 4320 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I did a couple on my own (though I don't remember how). Don't recall it being too difficult.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16825 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have done a few, and know enough to be dangerous. Email in contact page.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12910 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I’m about to start a side business and I want to

I have a very good attorney that does trademarks and patents for me. I am very glad to talk to you about the process. Send me an email if you want to talk.

Posts: 8842 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post